Chapter Thirty-One

A/N

Thank you so much for all of the love on the last chapter, it is appreciated so very much. I hope you all enjoy this chapter!!💙

I sighed at the sound of the door slamming downstairs, one of us did always have to go for the overdramatic exit. I entered the cinema room, sitting in between the girls and wrapping my arms around each of them. Monsters Inc was playing on the screen but I couldn't concentrate on it, my mind was still swirling with Damon's words.

I had deliberately left him alone with the paper, normally we always saw problems together, meaning that his initial reaction was always taken out on me. I was hoping that by leaving him alone it would allow him to actually think about it before we spoke about it, but that didn't seem to help matters much.

I loved Damon with all of my heart and my entire being, but sometimes I couldn't help but wonder about just how well we actually worked. We knew each other so well that we knew how to make each other unbelievably happy, but we could also be incredibly nasty to each other when the mood suited. We were so similar yet so different all at the same time, which meant we knew how to get under the others skin. I knew what to say if I wanted to hit a nerve and he knew how to instantly wind me up.

I sighed as I shook my head, reminding myself that things aren't all bad. I was always guilty of just thinking of all the negatives whenever we had an argument. I tended to forget that he knew me inside out, he knew what temperature I had the shower at, the certain way I liked the towels folded, he knew what kept me awake worrying at night and he knew how to make all of my problems disappear, when he wasn't the one causing them.

We had a busy week with blur press next week, so I knew we had to sort this out. I looked across at the two girls, both of them completely engrossed in the film.

"Do you want to stay at your uncle Jamie's tonight?" I whispered, in fear of the girls telling me off for talking during a film.

"Really?" Primrose asked, quickly looking at me so see if I was being serious, I gave her a smile and nodded my head.

"Will Rocky and Denholm be there?" Missy asked, she too quickly glancing across to me.

"They should be" I told them with a nod of my head. That was enough for both of them to agree, excited grins on their faces at the thought of spending the night there.

That was enough for me to not feel guilty about having them spend the night away from us, I placed a kiss on top of each of their heads before excusing myself from the room.

I dialled Jamie's number and he was more than happy to agree to watch them. He didn't even bother to ask what was going on, he only lived up the road so I think he was well aware of the paps currently outside.

I managed to kill a bit of time by packing each of their bags for tonight, and by the time I was finished it was almost three o'clock, which meant it was time to pick Fox up from his drama class. I hadn't heard anything from Damon so I was presuming he was drinking somewhere and certainly not picking Foxton up, which meant I had to take the girls out in front of the cameras. Something I was desperate to try and avoid.

I tried to hide from the girls just how nervous I was about taking them outside, but as soon as I had locked the front door behind us. I instinctively wrapped my arms around them both, trying to shield their faces, without making them panic, as much as possible. They didn't follow us, they weren't that silly, but it didn't stop my heart from still racing. I was grateful that I'd be able to do the trip back alone, after I'd dropped the kids off, but that still didn't make it any less unsettling.