Chapter Forty

A/N
Here we finally have Glastonbury!! It's going to be split into two chapters as this one was starting to get rather long. I hope you enjoy it! Apologies for the lack of updates recently

Also, we're now at 40 chapters which is crazy! But I also don't see an ending coming anytime soon, especially as I can see Damon and Eliza in recent times, during lockdowns etc and I just wanted to see what people thought? As I obviously don't want to drag this out and keep on writing if people have had enough but I'm also not completely ready to stop writing about them just yet!

Sunday 28th June 2009

"Can we go on the rides Mum?" Missy asked, pulling on my hand to get my attention as we walked towards the backstage area.

"Let's just get our stuff put away and then we'll sort something out" I told her, smiling at the security guard as I showed him the second pass I had hanging around my neck for Missy.

"She needs to put that on" He told me, raising an eyebrow as he nodded his head towards Missy. I refrained from rolling my eyes at his comment, instead choosing to flash him another smile as I lead Missy into the backstage area, where Damon, Primrose and Fox had just disappeared to.

"Will my chocolate buttons be on the rider?" She asked me, looking up at me attentively, I let my mouth ease out into a smile.

"Did you ask for them?" I asked her, though I was already pretty certain that she requested them. I watched as she eagerly nodded her head, which just made me smile more "Then they should be on there darling"

There was just something unexplainably special about Glastonbury, as soon as we had arrived here earlier we all just felt far calmer and happier. Sure, those nerves were still growing, but the atmosphere and how content the children were just overpowered any nervous feelings we were having.

"Dad said we can go on the rides!" Foxton exclaimed, running over to me as he saw myself and Missy entering our trailer "Can we really?"

I glanced across to Damon, raising my eyebrows but only managing to laugh at his grin. The children had only ever been to a few festivals before, and none recently, so Damon and I had made a game plan to try and tackle the hell that is the fairground at Glastonbury.

I gestured for our three children to sit down as Damon and I sat down on the sofa next to them, they all looked at us with wide eyes, patiently waiting to see what we had to say.

"So as this is a very special show we got you each a camera, so you can take photos of whatever you like throughout the day" Damon started to tell him, I nodded my head in agreement as he spoke. We had gone out and bought them each a disposable camera as we had thought it would be something fun for them to do throughout the day, whilst also giving them photos to look back on.

"And we can go on the rides, but you're each going to have the same amount of money and you're going to have to budget it, once it's gone, it's gone, you won't be able to do everything" I told them, nodding my head as I tried to think back to what Damon and I had discussed.

"But we're not doing the rides until we've done all of our interviews" Damon interjected, I couldn't help but smile as I watched all three of their excited faces drop slightly.

"So you need to make sure you're on your best behaviour whilst we're doing them, or we won't do the rides" I continued, Damon and I were hoping more than anything that bribing them would mean we'd avoid any breakdowns.

"It's just a couple of hours of work and then we promise that we'll have some fun" Damon grinned, before pulling his wallet out of his back pocket.