~Chapter Three~

⬆️people in the chapter⬆️

2 days later

Y/N's POV

"Aye Devon, what's up," I say to my best friend since we were kids. Devon and I met on the neighborhood court, he moved to Dallas from Minnesota and had no friends so I made it my quest to become friends with him, ever since then we became inseparable like we were supposed to brothers that's how close of friends we are.

"Nothing much really, just the team and I were supposed to have a game here in LA but covid ruin our schedule, and I haven't seen you since my birthday which was last month," Devon said and I nod my head in motion for him to understand I was listening to what he was telling me.

"So how's my godson Teo doing these days," He said, he was one of the first people besides my mama and dad that knew I had gotten Arielle pregnant. So when Teo was born, Devon and one of Arielle's friends became his godparent and I don't think I've seen him happier than being named someone kid godparent but that's Devon for you, so yeah.

"He's doing fine, he is with Arielle today and I miss him already," I said feeling sad that he's not here with me but I trust the system we have to co-parent him.

"Well that's good but what about you Y/n, how are you holding up?" He questioned and I guess he heard my slight sadness in my voice.

Devon has always been like a brother and when one of us was in a relationship, we'd always make sure the other one was doing all right in the end. After Arielle broke up with me, she told me that she never loved me and I was a total wreck, I blame myself that I was the problem and that's the reason she ended things. But, Devon was quick to reassure me that I didn't need to stress over her and focus on one thing only, the only thing that was my son. I was so eager to quit music and leave without saying goodbye but I remember the promise I made when I first held my son, it was that I'd always protect my happiness and be there for the ones I loved the most.

I felt something hit me on the back of my head and I shook my head, rub the pain that came with it and I noticed Devon laughing, "WHAT THE HELL!!! what was that for man," I semi yelled at him and he shrugged. "You zoned out on me, I was just trying to get your attention," He said continuing to laugh and I join him. After our laughter died down, I answer his question from earlier since I zoned out "I'm doing great Von and my life is just getting started from here," I say and he nods with a smile. Then we continued to talk about how life would be like if covid wasn't in the picture; also we played some 2k which I dominated by the way.

-----

I am currently in my home studio right now trying to write some songs to go on my second album. So far I've come up with was, 'You're all that matters to me',
⬆️song above⬆️ I honestly have no idea where this came from cause I'm not dating anybody at the moment and the only people that matter to me are my family, so where did this come from all of sudden.

Deciding to work on these lyrics on my notepad, also I worked on a beat for it; After 3 hours and a mini pre-records later, all to make sure the lyrics and beat were perfect for when I release it to the public. I checked the time on my phone and my eyes widened at the time: it was 10 o clock, I hadn't realized it was that late and it's not like I got anything better to do with all this covid 19 going around so, me being in the studio was great peace reliever.

My thoughts were cut off by my phone ringing and I looked at the caller I.D. to who was calling a 10 at night, I was surprised to see Arielle's contact on my screen wanting to facetime. what was she calling about, oh no I hope it's not about our son "no I'm overthinking it! just answer the call and see why she calling, no biggie," I said to myself as I press the call button, my son's face lighting up the screen with a smile on his face.