~Chapter Twenty Three~

Y/N POV
March 24, 2021

Today, Me and my son are going to the park since the weather has been pretty warm these past few days. Right now, I'm gathering the snacks for outdoor activities.

"Dada?" Teo voiced from the living room, I stopped and went to what my son needed from me.

"Yes, little gremlin, what do you want?"

" 'ino shoe missin'." His brown eyes filling with tears, his bottom lip quivering as he tells me.

I eventually caved in to the toddler's puppy dog stare and helped him look for his missing dinosaur shoe. We checked under the couch, not there. Inside his toy box which he like to hide his stuff in from time to time, wasn't in there either. Then, I went back into the kitchen and looked inside the snack closet and behold the missing toddler's shoe was beside the box of hug juices. I shook my head, grabbing the shoe off the floor. Teo's little stomps could be heard coming into the kitchen, he stops in front of me with a cheeky smile of his face.

"Did ou ind it, dada?" I smiled and nod at his question.

"Yeah, I found it, Teo." The almost two year old laughs as I showed him the Dino shoe.

I reached down to put the shoes on him. After making sure they were on, he was out of the room. Since I was already in the kitchen, I finished packing the snacks and carried it by the door. Then, I went to find the awfully quiet child.

"Mateo L/N, Come on, let's go to the park!" I screamed loudly, hearing faint footsteps coming from the toy room.

His small body ran towards me at full speed, catching me off guard. Opening my arms, I caught the bubbly child; his laughter filled my ears.

"You ready?" He flashed his teeth, bouncing his curls in 'yes' motion.

With Teo in my arms, I walked us to the door, grabbing the snack backbag. I situated the bag onto my shoulders, and put the toddler into his stroller. To my surprise, he didn't give me any trouble. Teo hates being strapped in and always pulls a great houdini escape for the baby carrier. Making sure we're both alright and have everything like my phone, wallet, and house keys. I felt my pockets for the said items and they were safe inside my jeans. So, I opened the door and began our day.

~☆~

" 'ush higher, dada!" My son spoke excitedly as I pushed him on the baby swing.

We've been at the park around three hours now, feeding the ducks and playing all sorts of games. Right now, Teo wanted me to push him on the swing and he's having a blast. I continued to push the toddler but, I train my eyes around the half filled playground. Kids were running, looks like they're playing tag. A few parents sitting on the benches watching their kids, enjoying the peaceful scene. It definitely very peaceful, I enjoyed that way. I heard fussing coming from the swing, so I looked down to see my son trying to get out.

"Gettin' tried off these ole swing, aye?" My voice small as I picked him up.

I checked the time and seen that it was 3:52, and that's when Teo asked to eat some food. Walking over towards the picnic table, sitting both the heavy child in my arm and the snack bag that sat snugged on my back down.

"Ok, do you want PBJ with apple slices or bologna with cheese puffs?" I asked the one year old, he pointed his chubby finger toward the cut up PBJ sandwich.

As my curly hair child ate his food in silence, I took the time to indulge into my thoughts. Gosh, where do I start? Well, my biggest problem is DATING, I've been single for almost three years and I'm not going to hold back anymore. Guess that means I have to resolve my feelings towards a certain light-skinned brunette, and fast before its too late. I looked down in my lap to see my son nodding off as he lightly drank his juice. He positioned himself around to face me, laying his curly 'fro on my chest and began to shut his eyelids. 1...2...and he was knocked out, his soft breath could be felt onto my shirt. I tried to move him to his stroller but, his tiny hand gripped my shirt making me sigh.