CH•31 - "Just an Information Dump"

"There is... something I'd like to do first. May I have a moment alone with you?", says the yeti as he looks at me straight in the eye.

Uhh, okay? So serious.

"You sure? Maybe one of us should go with you. And by 'one', I mean me. Y'know, just in case" The bat suggests.

No, no, it's fine. I'll take care of it. Why don't the rest of you stay put in the igloo for now? This hopefully won't take long. You did tell me that he's not going to hurt me. And, he did help us out by building that igloo and bringing us food while we were waiting for the blizzard to pass, so we definitely owe him one. I need to at least hear him out.

"Well... alright then..... We'll be near"

Of course.

The bat, accompanied by the other two, returns inside the igloo, leaving me and the yeti all alone together.

This better be quick. I don't want another blizzard to keep us holed up again.

"I'll be blunt." says the yeti. Then, without warning, he puts his face closer to mine. "Has anything abnormal happened to you lately?"

Wah! Personal space please!

Reincarnation is one thing, but does being sent to different places in time count as abnormal?

"That... is not supposed to happen"

What do you mean by that... exactly?

"Hmm..."

The yeti looks at me in the eyes before moving his glance elsewhere at my body. What is he looking at? Then, he gently reaches out his hands on my snout without making contact, and from there, he moves his hand down to my back as if caressing me, still without making contact. Weird. He's not physically touching me, but it still feels like I'm being touched. The yeti then stops in the middle and looks at the palm of his hand.

"...... Well... this is a predicament."

Hm? Wait, I think I remember you saying something about a price being paid. And that was why I can't remember names anymore.

"This is different. You are no longer the same as the other reincarnators."

You know other reincarnators?

"... Yes, but know that you are different from them. You are the only one of your kind. There is no one else like you. You are... an irregular among the reincarnators."

Huh?

"Every reincarnator who died in their era... reincarnated in that same era.."

Well, what's not normal about me then? That sounds like the exact same situation as... me...

"...... The difference here is that you didn't reincarnate in the same era you died. Correct?"

Oh... yeah... I... reincarnated in the future.

"And now you are being sent to random places in time. Past and future. And this is before you paid the price of losing your memories. You were different from the start."

......... So... what does this mean for me...? Exactly?

"... I do not know."

Hmm...... earlier, you thanked me for "feasting your eyes". What do you mean by that?

"Hm...? You do not see what I am seeing?"

...? No?

"... Well, you may have noticed this already, but... there are reincarnators who have had other animals that are not reincarnators follow them around... like they're drawn to them... just like how your bird and snake friends follow you around."