CH•34 - "I'm Not a Bad Crocodile!"

The crocodile's eye is looking at her, and my fears reemerged.

Don't get closer!

I didn't know who I directed that scream at. Whether it was at the woman to stop her from getting closer to him, or at the kid to stop him from getting closer to her. Either way, it didn't matter. They couldn't hear me. The woman can't hear our thoughts, nor can the kid hear me from his sleep.

I fly towards them as fast I can, my squeaks echoing loudly around the whole cave. The woman notices my squeaks, but she doesn't dare look away from the crocodile's gaze. Meanwhile, the crocodile's eye changed the target of its gaze to me who is flying down at them. Good, I got its attention. Now what?

Unable to think fast enough, I fly straight towards the crocodile's eye without any plan at all. And just when I was only inches away from its eye, The crocodile suddenly stood up without warning. There was no preparation, it just stood up all of a sudden. Because of that, I ended up crashing under it instead, right at its front leg. Oof!

"Gah! Wha-?! Whaz happening?! Whats going on?!"

I can hear the kid's thoughts. He's awake.

"Huh? Bat? W-What are you doing at my feet? Oh no, did I accidentally squish you when I slept here? Sorry, I didn't see you. I was just really sleepy and-..."

The kid stopped midway after noticing the woman before him. His thoughts are running through my mind like a wave. This always happens whenever something confuses him.

"There was... another one?"

He's hesitant. He's worried about his next actions. He's not sure of what to do. Honestly... how come he didn't have that hesitation when he was eating the man before? Bah. Anyway... first, we need to think of something to get out of this situation.

Then, the kid suddenly paused. He's apparently come up with a plan. What is he thinking? .... Oh no-...

==========================

Alright, let's do this. Make it look natural, be confident, and look upward. I will now... strike a pose!

See? I'm not a bad crocodile! You can relax now

However, despite my display, the woman before me remained still and there was nothing but silence. .....Hm. Tough crowd. Why no reaction? I thought I nailed it that time. Hey bat, how'd I do?

Shifting my gaze at the bat beside me, I see him putting one wing over his head. Hm? Watchu doin there? Did you get fleas or something?

"This is a facepalm! This is my reaction to your... display! Don't you realize what you just did?! You made yourself look bigger! You became more threatening in her eyes! Just look at her! She's more frightened than ever!"