Chapter 6 - Kingdom Hearts II

I opened my eyes and I'm back in the office, the sun barely creeping over. I didn't know what time it was, but I snuck back upstairs, and checked the rooms. Nathan and Serah were both sleeping, making me sigh in relief. I walked past their rooms and into mine, crawling into bed. I yawned and turned to the side, ready to fall asleep finally…

"…wake up!" I blinked my eyes open and was being shaken by someone. I swatted the hand away and turned over, but then I was jerked to sit up, and I kept my eyes open. "Kairi?"

"What?" I whined, giving Nathan one of the coldest stares I've ever given anyone.

"You've.. it's, um… kinda late." He told me, and I turned my head as much as I needed to look at the clock, and it read eleven in the morning. "Are you okay? You've just been kinda distant lately."

"I'm fine, Nathan." I assured him, getting up.

"You haven't acted like it…" He muttered as he rubbed the back of his head and left, shutting the door. I sat back down on my bed and kept my head in my hands. I wanted to tell him and Serah everything, but it'd be crazy. But then again, if I went back, I'd probably get caught… but it was Mom and Dad's. They probably left it for us, right? And I was the only one who could figure out what it did. But I had to tell them, just because I didn't want to lose them, either. It just wouldn't be now…

So as I snuck down the stairs and into the office that, I couldn't help but feel a little guilty. But when I strapped on the remote and flew into the system, the guilt went away, turning into excitement and anticipation for the next game I was about to play.

~~~~~~~~~~

I saw the stone, the pipes and the railroad tracks above me. The area was small in size, but looked like a perfect square, where I saw the four people standing. The animation wasn't that much better than the other games, still cartoonish and animated. But I cupped a hand over my mouth when I realized who the people were, and I celebrated a little victory on the inside. There were three guys and a girl, all looking the same age. Two of the guys and a girl were very interested in a conversation they were having, but the other guy was kinda off in his own world, head looking at the ground, staring at his hands. But I was in one of my favorite video games of all time

"Man, doesn't that tick you off?" The lighter blonde boy asked the group, waving his hand angrily.

"Yeah, that's just wrong." The brown-haired boy agreed.

"Seifer's gone too far this time" The girl with her brown braids joined in. They ll turned to look at the darker blonde boy, who only nodded in agreement.

The lighter blonde stood up from the crates he was sitting on. "I mean, it's true that stuff's been stolen around town, and we've got a score to settle with Seifer and everything. So, if he wants to think we did, I can't really blame him. See… that's not what really bugs me." He was walking forward and stopped, turning around and facing the group. "What REALLY bugs me is that he's goin' around tellin' everybody we're the thieves! Now the whole town and their mothers are treating us like the Klepto Club!" He turned to the darker blonde alone. "Have you ever been this ticked off before in your life? Cause I haven't. Nuh-uh. NEVER." He turned away from him and stared back at the entrance to the area. "Now… what to do."

They all went silent for a moment, and I wondered if they realized I was there, or if I was just some sort of ghost to them. But I couldn't stay silent, I had to say something. It was one of my favorite video games of all time!

"I say we take our keyblades and we go, we go track them down and tell them who's boss." I stated, and they all turned towards me. I guess they did see me.