Chapter 8 - Epic Mickey

I was getting really sick and tired of dark video games. I was on stone in an area with no ceiling, and the clouds were a dark, deep purple. There was big metal machinery that looked cold and ruthless, like part of an evil plan of some sort. There was a man in a white lab coat standing by one of the machines, and then there was a table with the wrist and ankle brackets, with a familiar mouse strapped into it.

"Mickey…?" I muttered as the scientist started the machine, and there was a claw-like thing that came down on him with so many different sharp objects. But that wasn't even the worst of it. The bad part was that there was a dark glob of who-knows-what flying around above us.

The scientist started laughing, but I couldn't stand there and let Mickey Mouse die. What kind of fun would that be? I started running past the stones and machines, but stopped and hid when I saw a rabbit that looked kinda like Mickey run over and hide behind one of the machines closer to the scientist. I recognized him as Oswald, and there was only one game I knew that had both Mickey and Oswald together.

Epic Mickey.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun." I stated as I came out of hiding and ran over to where Oswald was. I glanced over at Mickey who had all the sharp, metal things coming at him, but nothing but a plunger ever touched him. It was over his heart, sucking the life out of him, but the machine started going crazy. With that, Mickey launched one of the wrist brackets off, ripped the plunger off his chest and threw it at the scientist, where it landed directly in the middle of his face. I started laughing on the inside, but then jumped off the table and stood in fighting position, ready to fight the scientist. But he just started laughing and the dark blob mass came down, towering over him majorly. Mickey picked up his magical paint brush and the thing flew away in fright, making the scientist stop laughing. He stopped for a second, looking around, but laughed evilly and pulled a different lever, making him fall down a trap door and down below where we couldn't reach him.

Oswald and Mickey shared a worried look with each other before Oswald ran over and pulled on the same lever, but broke it off, and somehow caused the machine to go even crazier. It started launching its weapons at him, and I just cowered behind a machine cause I didn't want to fight it. Oswald ran off too, finding a door and shutting it behind him, leaving Mickey and I in the dark stone room alone with the machine.

"Ah damn…" I muttered as it turned around, placing Mickey as its next target.

"Over here, you bucket-o-bolts!" I saw a weird flying animal looking thing shout from the left of us. The machine turned and aimed for him, but missed as he spastically dodged it. "Missed me!" He laughed, but the machine caused a large chunk of stone to crumple down, making it very hard to fight if we made our way over there.

"Is this how it's gonna get played?" I asked as I changed hiding spots as the machine made its way over to me, and the animal came with it.

"Over here, Mickey!" The animal exclaimed, causing Mickey to turn his head. He disappeared again, and the machine broke even more stone.

"You're gonna get us killed!" I cried as he appeared right next to me.

"Who are you?" He asked, examining me and somehow losing the walking machine. "I haven't seen a mouse like you before."

"Mouse!?" I growled, now wanting to punch him. "I'm no mouse." I told him, but I humored him and reached up to my head, but I felt these big circles on top. I reached behind me and felt a skinny little tail too, and I didn't realize my nose extended out by my mouth too. "Well, uh, this is weird, I wasn't expecting this."

The machine now was on Mickey again, but he came running over to us. I ducked, because I knew the machine would attack us, but I felt nothing.

"We're safe in this spot, Mickey." The animal informed, and I felt relieved and slowly stood back up. This control panel can be damaged by your Spin Move."

"What? Really?" I complained, pointing at myself. "You know I could've done that!"

But he disappeared over to the far right, and the machine followed him, causing more stone destruction.

"When that control panel is broken, come take care of this one!" He shouted over from where the machine was. Mickey and I spun to destroy the one we were currently at, making the big machine to have lightning strikes circuit through all over it, and I knew the health bar was decreasing. I didn't care if we lost, I was fighting with Mickey! Another thing that just amazes me with The System. So I smiled as we almost got killed running and jumping over to next control panel.

"Come on, Mickey!" I exclaimed happily as he stayed behind and started beating on barrels, getting tickets from each. "Really?" I asked as he came running from his distraction.

"Break this control panel, and that mechanical arm will be shut down!" The animal told us, but I shot a stupid glare at him. No shit, Sherlock.

But even though that was a stupid sentence, we took towards the control panel, destroying it with a few spin attacks. It sparked all over the place, but eventually fell in place, lying there like the broken piece of metal it was. I smiled at my accomplishment, even though I wasn't supposed to be here anyway.

"Look, the mechanical's arm destruction revealed a secret room!" He exclaimed as a door slid open, leaving a small room with an archway. "You may take a moment to explore it, if you'd like."

"Thanks." I muttered sarcastically. I didn't need his permission to explore whatever the Hell I want. I took off in front of Mickey and headed to it. He disappeared and was now at the doors Oswald fled to, floating in front of it.

"When you're ready, come with me, and we'll get out of here." He told us, and we nodded.

We ran around the room some more, breaking stuff and grabbing tickets all that we could. I was especially slow because it was amazing being in here, I wanted to stay forever like the other games, but I knew it had to come to an end. But it was still early, so I decided against it and stayed with Mickey. Although it seemed he like to run around in circles a lot.

"Come on, we gotta go so we can get out of here." I told him, but he ignored me and aimlessly ran around some more. But he just ran right to the exit without even checking the secret area, but I gave up on it and followed him.

"I have to get back home." Mickey told the animal as he took a look around the area one last time and left, shutting the door behind him.

"Join the club." I muttered as we all continued our journey to wherever Epic Mickey was locationed next.

"I got pulled into this place by that ink-monster…" He muttered, trying to figure it out in his head.

"That was a Shadow Blot." The animal corrected. "It's a thing made of paint and thinner."

Mickey held out his brush. "That - uh - Blot seemed awfully scared of this brush." He said as the tip turned green, launching it at the wall and making it dissolve instantly.

"That's thinner! It dissolves anything painted." The animal exclaimed, and suddenly I wanted one for myself. Of all the damage I could do with it…

"Gosh, I wonder what else this brush can do!" Mickey exclaimed, but I backed away slowly.

"Yeah, don't point it at me!" I told him as the tip turned blue and launched at the same spot, bringing the wall back to its usual state. "Whoa…" I trailed as I walked over to the wall, rubbing my fingers against it. It was flawless, nothing was cracked or scraped away or anything.

"That's paint. It restores anything dissolved be thinner." The animal informed, and I was starting to get jealous that Mickey had one and I didn't. "You're quite the artist." He complimented, also making me jealous.

Well I can game-jump so ha! I thought to myself as we continued down the dark stone path.

"Let's practice!" Mickey exclaimed, and I shook my head, now bored with it.

"You know, if we're just going to be playing with paint and thinner and stuff, I think I'm gonna head out." I told them as I played with the remote around my wrist. "But have fun, stay safe, and I'll see ya guys later." I told them as I hit eject, and I pixilated down and flying through as particles, and I was out of Epic Mickey.