Friends?

"We have to tell them about this

"We have to tell them about this." Ryujin said, the moment she reached his table.

Beomgyu didn't notice her coming and almost spilled his coffee. He nervously looked back to her as if she caught him doing something bad.

They decided to meet up, thinking they might figure something out. Also, at this point they have to do something at least to ease the weight of their situation.

He cleared his throat, "Hi! Uhh... what?"

"Let's tell our parents about our situation." she says while panting.

Beomgyu gave her a piercing look. It was as if he was caught off guard with her statement, "Wha— No! No, we're not!"

Ryujin hit the table, "What?! We should have actually told them from the beginning!"

"No! Noooo!"

Ryujin loses it again, and for the first time in a while Beomgyu loses it, too. Beomgyu usually talks back in a reasoning way, but this time he's talking back with so much rage.

"Hey! Hey! Chill, you two.." Yeonjun went in between them. He decided to come along with Ryujin, but it took him some time to park so he came a bit later in the café.

"Oh hey, what's wrong?" Yeji arrived with a tray of pastries.

The two younger kept their heads low and did not even bother to give any response.

"I already ordered snacks, and the drinks are on its way. What's up, everyone?" Yeji calmly said and it miraculously loosen the tension on the table.

Yeonjun cleared his throat and gave Yeji a warm smile.

"Hi! Umm.. they were fighting again." he explained and proceedes to help her set the table.

"Ryujin-ah.." Yeji called her out once the food were settled on the table.

"Sorry... I just— I don't wanna keep it to ourselves anymore. My parents are worried about me. I live the nearest but I can't even go home for a whole month. I can't keep doing this to them. They deserve to know." Ryujin is obviously tormented because of their situation. She's not the most affectionate towards her parents, but of course, she still worries about how they feel and think about her.

Beomgyu shook his head, "No.. I-I can't tell them."

"Why? Why not?" Ryujin asked in annoyance.

He stopped for a moment and cleared his throat, "Fine... Ryujin— you tell your parents, I don't care. But I'm not telling my parents."

Yeji shot him a concern look but he just averted his eyes to the coffee he was holding. Yeji turned to look at Yeonjun for explanation.

"His mom is sick... I'm sorry, Beomgyu." Yeonjun revealed.

Beomgyu sighs heavily, "I just don't want them to worry, especially Mom. So, go ahead and tell your parents. But don't expect me to do the same."

"Okay.." Ryujin simply replied. She felt bad for raising her voice at him. She should have try to know his reason or just simply understand him.

This temper of mine brought me nothing but trouble.

After a bit of heart to heart talk between the four. They all decided to go back to their respective dorms. On their way to the parking lot, Ryujin approached Beomgyu.

"Can we talk? I won't fight with you, I promise!" she asked him.

Beomgyu gave Yeonjun and Yeji a look as if he was asking for their permission. The two let out a chuckle and gave the two a go signal.

Ryujin and Beomgyu went to Yeonjun's car.

"What is it?" Beomgyu asked right away.

"I'm sorry for being insensitive. I didn't even considered your feelings and situation." She really felt bad for being short-tempered, and that he always takes out her anger to him.

"Meh.. it's fine. I didn't say anything, too. I should have told you about my reason first, so you'll understand."

She warmly smiles at him. "Hmm.. You know what? Let's be friends!"

Beomgyu raises his brows at her. "Wait... you don't consider me as your friend before?"

"Well... I mean, I consider you but like umm.. I'm too shy to show it? Wait– Argh! How do I explain this?"

He laughs at her, "Relax.. I get it."

"Okay, let's try not to fight. Friends can fight but— let's try not to, okay?" she said in a lively tone.

"Let's try not to... not be friends?"

"Not to fight! Idio— just take this!" Ryujin offered her pinky finger.

"What is this?"

"It's an antenna— Beomgyu, it's a pinky promise. Jisoos..." she answered in annoyed tone.

He just shrugs it off, "Let's end it here before you get angry. I'm gonna call Noona now."

"Wait!" she snatched his arm, preventing him to call Yeji from afar.

She forgot that she's in a man's body and pulled him with force that made him bumped his body onto her but she does not give a damn.

"W-what?" he asks while blushing. He didn't expect her to be this close. 'Jisoos, why am I blushing while looking at my own face?'

"The pinky promise..." she seriously whispered.

He gently pushes her, "Seriously? Fine, here.."

He offered his pinky and Ryujin happily hooked hers.

"I'll try to control my temper. That's a promise."

"And I promise I'll try not to get on your nerves." he said and locked their pinkies to seal the deal.

"Wait! Umm... One more thing."

"What?"

"Let's find a way to end this. And once we're good, we stay friends, okay?"

"Okay.." He bowed to her and finally wave to Yeji from afar.

"Umm.. we'll get going now. Oh! And, goodluck telling your parents. I hope they don't freak out! Make sure you tell us what happen after, okay?"

Ryujin knitted her brows, "Hey, what "goodluck"? You have to come with me when I tell them! They won't believe it even if I tell them as Ryujin, what more if I am in a man's body."

He sighs, "Fine.. just tell me when. We'll get going now before everyone notice us."

She just gave him a smile and wave him goodbye.

"Take care, FRIEND!" Beomgyu screams from afar.

Yeji held him and walked faster because of attention they got.

"Yah.." Yeonjun calls her from her side. "Good job, Ryujin-ah.."

"Huh?"

"Nothing! Let's head back to dorm!" Yeonjun said and went inside the car. Leaving her confused.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
sorry it took soooo long. i hope you guys enjoyed it!