Nine

Sorry for the shorter chapter but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3,000 READSSS

Jolana tried to mind her business for the rest of the day. Not even bothering to go to the rest of her responsibilities for the day. She found out she had an actual room now, she wouldn't have to share with Alina anymore. Her room was decorated with different shades of dark blue and purple with gold accents. It was so grand. Part of her thought Alina's room was just super big because of her importance. 

Considering this was the "Little Palace" she wondered how much of the Grand Palace she had not seen that made it so grand. 

She lay on her bed and remembered the library she had seen earlier and thought she would look for it. She went off of her memory and tried to recreate the path she had taken before but got a little lost. She eventually asked a guard where it was and the guard escorted her. He was nice and direct, but quiet. When she tried to start small talk the guard ignored her just looking forward. 

She walked into the library and there were so many books. More than she had ever seen. Yet when looking for something to read, she looked for the book she had read more than twenty times. She put that under her arm and then looked around some more. She saw a huge book and pulled it off the shelf, it had gold detailing on the cover and Jolana could tell how old the book was from how dark the edges of the pages were. 

"Looking for a bit of light reading?"

The voice startled Jolana and she turned to see who the voice belonged to.

"General Kirigan, what are you doing here?"

"Am I not allowed to be here? I thought it was open to the-"

"No, the library is open to everyone of course," he cleared his throat, "I heard about what happened at combat training,"

"Wow, word spread quickly then," she closed the book, "I'm really, really sorry, I didn't mean to,"

"No, it's extraordinary," he wore a small smile, "you do realize that right?" Jolana didn't want to meet his eyes, so he continued, "I expect much more to come from you,"

"Does that mean I have to go to training tomorrow?"

"Well, yes but you will not be training with Baghra as Alina does, you will be training with me,"

"Please excuse this if it's impolite, but why would I be training with you if Baghra is good enough to train the sun summoner,"

"Alina needs to learn basic control, you seem to have the ability to call it so I'm not concerned with that, so we will be working on making you truly a force to be reckoned with,"

Jolana stood a little straighter, "Do you really think I'll be able to be useful?"

"I wouldn't go through the trouble if I didn't think you could be something,"

"Ok," she said quietly. Jolana deeply wanted to prove she deserved to be there. With her silence, he got ready to walk away.

"Is the blue really that rare?" she called.

"In all my years, I've never seen it," she offered him a soft smile that he returned. "Have a nice day, Miss Sokolov," he began to walk away again.

"Jolana!"

He turned back around raised an eyebrow and she awkwardly stood there and didn't really meet his gaze. Her eyes trained on the floor except for the few glances up. "Have a nice day... Jolana," he said in a deep voice.

She turned around to hide the flush on her cheeks.