Thirty-Five

85K READS AND 100 FOLLOWERS.

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

and to make up for not posting yesterday, I will be giving you a feast

Once she entered she was confronted with the black kefta she would be wearing. It was beautiful of course but it was nothing but a costume. It didn't have flames, because it wasn't hers. 

It was Alina's, it would only ever be Alina's. 

She heard someone call her name, the owner of the feminine voice soon walked in,

"Hello again, Jolana,"

"Nice to see you too, Genya,"

"I'll do your hair first," she began pulling out pins from her kit, "Once your hair is done, we'll put on the costume, and then I'll leave for a while. I'll tailor you as the last part when I return,"

"Ok," Jolana sat down and crossed her hands, fiddling with the rings on her fingers.

"Relax," Genya put her hands on Jolana's shoulders, making it harder for her to ignore just how much tension was in her body, "Everything is perfectly planned, all you have to do is walk around quietly. That's another thing I have to tell you, don't talk to anyone. I could try and modify your voice but it's much easier if you just don't speak. You might have vocal mannerisms that are unlike Alina's. It will be a giveaway,"

"Ok," Jolana sighed, trying to breathe out her thoughts, let them all free. She inhaled them back in just as quickly as she had let them out. 

"Your hair's almost done. We have this fake hairpiece for you, Alina has the real, fancy one. I assure you though it is quite nice, made by some fabricators at the palace," Genya had a look in her eyes that made Jolana think there was more behind that statement than what was said.

Jolana chuckled to herself a little. The hairpiece was just like her, not as good as the original but made to look alike all the same.

Genya finished pinning her hair up but there were some stubborn pieces in the front that wouldn't stay put.

"It'll have to do, she'll be wearing a veil anyways," Genya said more to herself than to Jolana.

"Do you think I could get out soon? I don't want to miss Alina's little presentation. I heard they installed a new chandelier for it and everything,"

"You won't be seeing that," Genya said simply as if it were obvious

"What do you mean?" she asked as Genya pulled the kefta off the mannequin

"Well, we can't have a second Alina walking around while it's obvious where the real one is. It would be obvious, you'll have to stay put in here until it's time for you to do your little parade,"

"So I'll be in here for another thirty minutes?"

"More like another hour and a half, after I finish with you I'm supposed to finish with Alina and then there are some other things that have to happen before Alina even enters,"

"Great," Jolana sighed, "Stuck here with no entertainment,"

"I can grab something from your room if you'd like," Genya began to help dress Jolana even though it wasn't really necessary, "It would take a while to get back, I'll have to finish tending to Alina before I can give it back to you,"

"That's fine!" Jolana said excitedly, "As the full grown, mature young woman that I am, I can stay put for a while. But can you get this one book that's in my room, it's on my bed,"