Twenty-Four

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 35K READSSSS 

sorry if this chapter isn't that good, my antidepressants aren't making me as sparkly as they are supposed to :P

Jolana took a couple of days to herself, Alina even took one day off just to be sure Jolana was okay.

General Kirigan did not come to see her. She knew she wanted to see him, she wasn't sure if she should want that.

Eventually, Jolana had to return to routine.

She sought out the Darkling, she went to the war room, she even knocked on his bedroom door but there was no answer. So she gave up and did what she had done before, went to practice by herself. 

The remnants of her destruction were still there, the corpses of the life that she killed. She didn't feel bad. They were trophies, showing just how much she had accomplished. 

She was a dragon without scales, but just as frightening. 

Jolana breathed a heavy sigh and looked back at the palace. The beautiful exterior and the architecture that looks like it was from the heavens. 

Windows.

A familiar face in the window. He was watching her. He knew he had been caught but didn't run from the window or draw the curtains to hide him, he continued to shamelessly watch. 

 So she did, the flames swirled around her. She was lazily manipulating them so they stayed in an orange hue. As she practiced and danced with the fire as her partner, she was acutely aware of her audience and played to the crowd. Looking at the far-off figure, even though he was so distant, she still felt as if he was breathing down her neck.

She turned away from her audience, she thought to herself

"Do you really want this?"

"Yes." she thought a little too quickly

She turned back around and bowed. She then picked up the fire and kept it in her hand, she toyed with it before using blowing a kiss to the audience. When she blew the flames, her hand basically turned into a flamethrower. 

When she left, the tips of trees continued to burn. 

The parts that couldn't handle it fell from the tree, down to the ground, but became the embers of a larger fire that continued to burn.

By the time Jolana had made her way back to the castle, General Kirigan was already waiting for her.

She was planning on just walking past but when she tried to she suddenly felt a strong grip on her arm.

"Come to my room after dinner," he let go of her, "I believe we have much to discuss,"

When he tried to walk away this time, she decided to have a streak of boldness, she grabbed his shoulder, "Come to mine," she whispered in his ear before sauntering away.