𝟎𝟎𝟐 | 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

Present Time...

"How's it coming along?" Charlotte Blanchard stood at the doorway to the potions room, arms crossed over her chest as she leaned against the doorframe.

"It's.... going," Madam Pomfrey sighed and finished transferring a bottle of liquid into a small vial, holding it up so that the light streaming in from the window could reflect off of the glass.

"What about you Ev?" Lottie's attention turned to face the dark-haired girl who was busy staring at a piece of parchment upon the table, almost as if she were too drawn in to hear the girl's question. "Evanna—"

"—Sorry," She snapped back into reality, looking up at her friend. "I was too focused."

"There's no such thing as 'too focused' my dear," Pomfrey walked across the room, placing her hands on Evanna's shoulders as she gently pulled her away from the table. "—but there is such a thing as not enough sleep. You should really get some rest—"

"—No," She cut the witch off at the end of her sentence, waving her away with her hand. "I'm fine."

"Come on Ev... when was the last time you had more than an hour of sleep?" Charlotte took her friend by the arm and led her to a stool.

"I— I can't remember, but I'm needed here..."

"Evanna, dear, you need to take care of yourself. You can't put your skills to the best of their ability if you're half-asleep when doing it," Madam Pomfrey picked up a pitcher and a tin cup, filling it with cool water before passing it to the exhausted girl. "Drink th—"

The door flew open before she could finish her sentence, revealing an equally tired looking Ginny Weasley.

"Um, sorry to intrude, but Harry wants everyone in the great hall," The ginger girl's face was painted with worry and nervousness, sending the others into a state of confusion as well.

"But— Harry never calls us this early. It's only two in the morning," Charlotte crossed her arms, stepping closer to Ginny.

The Weasley girl gave a shrug before she turned and began walking away. The others sighed as Evanna stood up, being the first to leave the potions classroom. So much for a break.

They wandered up the dungeon steps, entering a corridor that would take them directly to the Great Hall. The only sound was the clicking of shoes against the tile floors and the noise of heavy breaths, each woman nervous for whatever was about to go down in this meeting.

Harry was basically the leader of their forces— which wasn't much of a force at all. Each Hogwarts student below sixth year was sent home to their parents, leaving the older students who wanted to fight as the Order's only resource. Too many lives had been lost in the past three months, which is why not many agreed with Potter's plan of putting teenagers on the front lines of battle.

Most of the students worked behind the scenes, using Hogwarts as their own personal fortress as protection against the dark forces that threaten to rule the wizarding world. The younger ones were being taught healing skills from Madam Pomfrey, along with a few other well-trained healers who were previously employed either at Hogwarts or St. Mungo's.

The current seventh years were being taught spells and helping older students with potion making, which was one of the little details that would eventually provide a huge outcome.

Others were volunteering to put their lives on the line, going out and attempting to rid the world of all dark magic— all caused by the Dark Lord.

The women reached the door to the Great Hall. All Order members were already inside, trying to lighten their spirits by talking to everyone.

The Dark Lord's tactics were simple. Ruin the Order's morale. If he could destroy their dignity and resilience by killing their friends, classmates, and professors, then the fate of the war was practically in his hands.