𝟎𝟎𝟗 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

Evanna only stared into the boy's eyes for a split second before she was whisked away into the darkness again.

This apparation was much shorter than the last one had been, but she felt her spine come into harsh contact with the ground.

She had to force herself to open her eyes, and she found that she was lying on a patch of dirt and leaves, still in the middle of the forest— but this couldn't be the same forest, no, this one seemed much more alive and vibrant than the Forbidden Forest. The air was much cooler here and the sky seemed a bit gloomier.

Draco Malfoy was standing next to two other men, his arms crossed as he looked everywhere except the girl's direction.

"Well, who do we have here?" Another male's voice snapped her attention toward him. Her spirits were crushed even further when she realized what was happening.

She quickly reached for her wand, fumbling with it as she finally raised it at the men surrounding her.

"Expelliarmus."

Her wand flew into the boy's hand. There was no getting out of this one. There had to have been five— no— ten men on all sides, blocking any means of escape.

"Name?"

She panicked, trying to think of something quick. The first name that came to her head was one of Charlotte's distant cousins— a muggleborn, but it would have to do for now. "Emily... Emily Blanchard—"

"Don't make me pour Veritaserum down your throat. You're a shit liar," The dark-haired boy gave a chuckle and stepped closer, and Evanna was clearly able to see the rage on his face. "You've got one chance before I send a knife through your neck... try to make this answer a believable one."

She inhaled sharply upon hearing the boy's threat. "Evanna Mitchell."

"Ah— I thought you were familiar. Hufflepuff?"

Her face twisted in confusion as she stared up at the boy. "I'm actually—" She stopped herself before she could get the words out, realizing that she probably shouldn't give this information to someone who just attacked her. "Who are you?"

He rolled his tongue along the inside of his cheek and looked back at Malfoy, someone Evanna definitely recognized.

Her eyes flickered to the boy's sleeved that had been rolled up to his elbow. Her blood iced over upon seeing the very thing that made her want to be sick.

A Dark Mark.

"It doesn't matter who I am—"

"Just get her off the ground, Nott. We've got places to be," Malfoy pushed himself off of the tree that he was leaning on and with a wave of his hand, the men began to follow him.

Nott. She recognized that name. Theodore Nott... one of the Slytherin boys from school. She remembered him now. He was friends with Roman.

"What do we do with her?" A man with a husky voice spoke from somewhere behind her, but she didn't far take her eyes off of the dark-haired boy before her.

"I guess we take her back to Bella— or Narcissa. They'll know where to send her next."

Surely by Bella they didn't mean Bellatrix... as in Bellatrix Lestrange?

She tried to stand up on her own, but two sets of hands reached down. grabbing her arms and holding them in a firm grip.

"Let me go— stop—"

"Can't we just stun her, Nott? Carrying her back might be easier..." The voice belonged to a werewolf, one she'd seen many times on the front of newspapers over the past two years.