Chapter 27

Later that day;

Xander laid in bed whining in pain while Hailey and Audrey sat close to his side holding his hand, Aiden sat in the corner with his siblings and their spouses, when Derek and Tessa walked in and headed to them.

Tessa [sadly]: "May I check on them, sir?"

Aiden [coldly]: "Go ahead. No one's stopping you."

Tessa faced Derek, who stood by the door, and slowly went and sat down beside Hailey with tears in her eyes.

Hailey [whispering]: "I'm scared, Tess-"

Tessa [sadly]: "I have to go pick Aria and Tyler-"

Chris [coldly]: "I sent one of the drivers to pick them up."

Derek [frowning]: "In one of your fancy cars?"

Chris [firmly]: "Tyler's a member of this family. He deserves to experience first class luxury like we do. Speaking of this, he and Hailey's kids should be placed in a good school."

Hailey [shaken]: "What?"

Aiden [firmly]: "Chris-"

Chris [while looking deep into her eyes]: "Once your kids get better, they will have to return to school and I suggest we put them and Tyler in Elton High School since it's an hour away and we all graduated from there."

Hailey [nervously]: "Is-is this a trick?"

Justin [firmly]: "Chris doesn't usually joke around, Hailey."

Aiden [while walking up to her side]: "Is he still in pain?"

Audrey [sadly]: "Yes, sir, he is."

Aiden [coldly]: "Just call me Aiden. Hailey, can we talk?"

Chris [while standing up]: "Let's give them some privacy."

Lizzy nodded at this and as they headed out alongside Valeria and Justin, Tessa and Derek smiled at Hailey before following them outside leaving Aiden with Hailey and their kids alone.

Xander [whimpering]: "My back hurts a lot, mum. It's burning."

Aiden [sadly]: "That's normal cause of the medicine the doctor applied on your back. It's gonna get better, son, just hold on."

Hailey [crying]: "Sir-"

Aiden [while hugging her]: "I am so sorry, Hailes. I really am."

As he kept on hugging her, Audrey stood away from the bed and glared at Aiden for a moment catching Xander's attention.

Xander [weakly]: "Sis-"

Audrey [coldly]: "Are-Are you our father?"

Here Aiden and Hailey both pulled away from the hug and faced her with grief in their eyes causing Xander to sit up straight and clench his fist petrified.

Xander [hissing]: "Don't touch our mother! I won't let you hurt her again! GET AWAY FROM HER!"

Hailey [panicking]: "Sir, please forgive him! He's not aware of what he's saying."

Aiden [coldly]: "I will leave you three to rest."

Here he left the room and closed the door behind him leaving Hailey alone to comfort her frightened kids...

Hope you enjoyed!

Xoxo!

Vote and Comment! Xoxo! ❤💖