Nσ Rҽ-Mσɾʂ

They appeared from deep below and gathered infront of the castle walls in mass

They appeared from deep below and gathered infront of the castle walls in mass. Too far away to be shot, but close enough to see their numbers grow. First tens then hundreds within a few hours, the rat men gathered in formations. It wasn't long before they numbered in the thousands. It was uncertain what they were planning, but it was obvious it wasn't good.

Some rats seemed much better equipped than others and some were gigantic in size with stitches and mutations covering their bodies. Others had large pieces of weaponry, glowing a deadly green color. One rat in particular walked down the line of its troops and inspected them with his weapons in hand. Its trophy rack on its back was an Intimidating sight.

A larger rat followed behind it and gave a bow to its master, releasing a tiny rodent to scurry towards the castle. The rodent crawled up the castle wall, delivering a message in a small tube. No one could understand the writing, but one thing was obvious. It was a deceleration of war. Whether you were one of the citizens, guards or even the ruler of this keep, you were in danger.

A few hours later, giant canons with glowing green crystals attached to the back appeared and the rest of the fur covered army ran into their positions. The March began and the canons moved closer, opening fire at one of the towers on the wall. Green lightning pierced the tower and sent stone flying into the city as giant rat ogres ran towards the gate, using their hulking strength to bash it down.

The large swarms followed close behind, carrying large ladders that they propped up against the walls and began their climb to the top. Others standing behind the ogres, awaiting their time to storm the streets. Many of the vermin have already died, but it hasn't made a dent in their vast numbers. Among the hordes, wooden spikes carrying the skulls of fallen foes were visible. The Headtaker was biding his time, looking for a worthy opponent.

How do you proceed?