Dαɾƙ Mαɾαυԃҽɾʂ

It had been weeks of terrorizing and pillaging

It had been weeks of terrorizing and pillaging. Villages claimed that men came from the South, burning down villages and stealing recources for their own personal gain. Many had died and some viallges were left abandoned, unable to rebuild from the horrors that those delapitated buildings had witnessed.

You decided to take it upon yourself to put in end to this scourge of ruthless killers, whether it be alone or with an army. It didn't take long before you began to pick up on their trail. Another viallge, nothing left but embers and ash. You find a man, crying over his deceased wife. He points out the direction the raiders rode in and you quickly follow in persuit.

A day passes and you finally see a clearing in the woods. An old overgrown fort was just ahead. Smoke still raised above its walls from a fire within. The only issue was, it was surprisingly quiet for a hideout full of bandits. You cautiously approached the fort, but still no sign of life except for the campfire. You enter through a breach in the wall and still see no sign of the bandits.

Once you get a closer look at the campfire, you see meals and drinks, spilled and quickly placed aside. Did they pack up and leave? Then you notice that many tents still remained. Weapon racks stood empty, but the things that were inexpensive were left behind. Did they know you were coming? Did they flee? Then you found the stables. All the horses were killed, some missing. Rats were picking at the remains.

Your attention was drawn to a little building just next to the stables. There were trails of blood leading into it. Inside was a trapdoor that led to presumably the cellar. Blood painted the floor and the way into the cellar. You lifted the trapdoor and entered with a lantern in hand. You heard the squeaks of more rats within. It was a cellar, there were still old, unused barrels strewn about, but something else stood out in the cellar. A large hole in the wall with the trails of blood leading into it.

You raised your lantern and with a sharp breath, you entered the hole. It felt like a large cave, the squeaks of your lantern echoed around its walls. You walked a little further before you heard something coming towards you. You quickly react and kill your lantern's light as you tightly hug the wall. You see it's red eyes as it gets closer, speeding towards you.

It spoke to itself in a mad tone, as if arguing with someone, but no one else was nearby. It nearly passed you before stopping. It took a few sniffs of the damp air and grunted at itself. It continued along its way, the bones on its back rattled with its movements, but before it left the cave it turned around and screeched down the hole.

"Ska!... Ska!" It turned its head to listen for a response, but there was none. It grumbled to itself before drawing its weapons. "Queek knows you are there. You are dumb-fool for coming here." Its beedy eyes, filled with madness, were directed right at you. Disdain painting its face as it raised a sword.

What do you do?