Chapter Twenty Nine

"Remus, no."

"Sev-"

"I said no. He... Sirius is not being left alone with Harry yet. Not yet. I don't trust him."

"Severus, give him-"

Severus groaned. "Don't you dare tell me to give him a chance. I am. I've let him see Harry, we set up another date for next week, but he does not get to see HArry alone, much less babysit for four hours."

"He's his godfather!"

"He's only met him once! I do not trust Sirius. And neither does Harry. Maybe when he's older and they've gotten to know each other, but not now."

Remus flopped into a chair. "He is not the same kid you knew at Hogwarts."

"I don't know that."

"Yes, you do-"

"No, Remus, I don't. I do not trust him. In case you forgot, he bullied me for years. He tried to get me bit while you were turned, which wasn't fair to either of us. He was always reckless when he did Order work, Stunning whatever he could, breaking our cover." Severus set his bag on the bathroom counter. "Remus, believe me, I want to trust him. I want to for Harry's sake, but I can't. Not in such a short amount of time, knowing what he did. I still don't know how you trusted me after such a short time, but that won't happen with me and Sirius."

The two started at each other, Severus hoping this would not turn into a huge fight. 

"I trusted you because I knew you. I know you." Remus sighed. "I shouldn't've expected you to trust him so fast. It's not like you studied with him during Hogwarts, you two hated each other."

"We did, didn't we."

"I guess I should be glad you two aren't killing each other."

"I suppose."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Remi."

"I-"

"If you apologize again I'll kick you, Remus," Severus said. "You're fine. Now come on, I thought we were s'posed to make the best out of our time? You know, since Harry's with McGonagall and Thomas? And since the only time we get alone is when he's asleep?"

"Y'know, you're right."

"So what do we do?"

"I really don't know."

"Great."

The two stood in awkward silence for a while, rocking on the balls of their feet. 

"We could.. um... I mean..." Severus stuttered, face turning red. "Nevermind."

"Sev?"

"I said nevermind."

"What is it? What do you want to do?"

"Uh..."

Remus grinned. "Sevvie... Sev, Sev, Sevvie..."

"I want to..." Severus hid his face in his hands, then said something almost inaudible. 

Remus chuckled. "Then come on. Dinner isn't until seven." He took Severus' hand and dragged him to the sitting room. With a flick of his wand, a record started playing softly. "Come here, you."

Severus let Remus pull him closer and spin him a little. "Remus?"

"Yes, Sev?" Remus replied, dancing in a circle. 

"I love you."

"Aw. I love you, too, Sev." 

The two danced in a circle around the living room, Remus sometimes lifting his boyfriend off the floor, which made him squeal. It was nice, quiet, calm and fun.