Chapter Sixteen.

"Remus, I think we need to talk," Severus said a week after Halloween. He felt hopeless, and helpless, and like he did back when he was twelve and he was having stupid little crushes. The difference was, crushes went away and rarely lasted very long.

This wasn't going away, and if anything, the urge in his chest was getting stronger.

But was he going to talk about that? No. He wanted to talk about Harry.

"I think we should ask Harry about what his nightmare was about," Severus said. He was referring to the nightmare Harry had had the night prior, that woke the two men at around two in the morning with soft, quiet sobs, that were heartbreaking.

"Why?"

"I've never seen him have a nightmare like that, Remus. I don't want him to bottle up his emotions and because a ticking time bomb."

Severus had to refrain from saying 'Like me' as Remus replied, "Good point. Let's ask him when he wakes up. He hasn't been sleeping well, as you know, and should get as much rest- oop." Remus stopped talking when Harry rolled over on the couch and started to blink his eyes open. "Moony?"

"Yes Harry?"

"Where're my glasses?"

"Here." Remus handed Harry the round spectacles and continued to speak. "Are you hungry, or would it be okay if we talked about something for a bit?"

"What do we need to talk about?"

"Well..." Severus started. "We wanted to know... if you could tell us about your nightmare from last night."

"Do I have to?" Harry whimpered. "No, we aren't going to make you, but letting us know about it might help us understand, and talking about it might make you feel better."

"I don't want to," Harry muttered. "Are you thinking about it right now?"

"No."

"Harry, please don't lie to me. Are you thinking about it?" This time, Harry nodded. "I don't want to!" Harry shifted, trying to be discreet, but Remus and Severus could clearly see what he was trying to do. 

Harry was trying to hide his lower half.

"Harry, do you think it would be easier if one of us left? Maybe talking to one of us would be easier than both." 

"I-I guess. But I... I think... Can Daddy stay?" Harry asked softly. "Of course he can," Remus replied. "I'll go to my quarters for a bit." He stood and left through the portrait, something Severus put in when Remus had officially been made his assistant for Potions class, and their quarters had been joined together because of Harry.

"Harry, can you talk to me now?"

"It... It was... It was Uncle, I didn't want it! 'T hurt!"

"What hurt, honey?"

"He... he..." Instead of answering, he curled into a ball and started crying. "Oh, Harry." Severus quickly moved and held Harry to his chest. "Harry, did he touch you somewhere?" He received a nod.

"Where did he touch you, honey?"

Severus got his answer when Harry pulled the jumper he was wearing over his knees. "Harry... did he touch you down there in your nightmare?"

"I-I didn't want 'im to! He made me and I didn't want to an' it hurt and there was blood and-"

"Shh, it's okay Harry. It's okay. I promise."

"But it hurts!" 

"Harry, look at me." He did. Tears were running down his face, his eyes red and puffy, his hair was wild. "This is going to be one of the hardest things you will ever have to go through. If I could make it all go away I would, but I can't. At least, not now. Over time things will get easier, okay?"