Chapter Twenty Two

"Wow..." Harry said softly, looking at the cabin. "For us?"

Severus smiled. "Yeah, bambi. It's ours for two weeks. Remus, you have the key, right?"

"Yeah," Remus replied, trying to juggle at least four bags in his arms. "Harry, here, you do it." He held out a key using his pinky finger; the poor man didn't even have a free hand.

"I'll come help you in a minute, Remus. Go ahead, Harry." Severus handed Harry the key, and had him unlock the door.

"So pretty!" Harry exclaimed, shifting Lily to his other arm. He walked in and looked around. The entryway had a coat closet on one side with a shoe rack on the other. From that there was the sitting room, which had a huge fireplace, wood floors and walls out of logs. Harry ran his hand across the wall, liking how it felt.

There was a huge, fluffy looking sofa in front of the fireplace, with a few armchairs next to it. Large windows looked out at a snow covered wood.

"Daddy, there's a tree!!" Harry exclaimed, looking up at the Christmas tree in the corner. 

"We're going to decorate it later, bambi. Remember those ornaments you made with Tommy?" Severus said as both he and Remus brought in their luggage. It wasn't that much, of course, but the full moon had taken place a few days prior, leaving Remus tired and sore.

"I getta hang 'em on the tree!?"

"Yeah!"

The pair set the luggage at the bottom of the stairs. "Why don't we go take a look at the rooms? They're all upstairs, right?"

"Yeah. You and Harry go, I'll get this all sorted out," Severus said. "Harry, want to go look around with Pappy for a bit?"

Harry hesitated. He hated being away from both of them, but especially Daddy.

"I'll be down here the whole time, I just have to find a few things really quick, okay? And Pappy will be with you the whole time."

"Okay."

Remus took Harry's hand as they both walked up the stairs. "Are you okay, Pappy?" Harry asked when Remus winced.

"Yeah, Harry. Don't worry, I'm alright. I think this one is your room, want to check it out?"

"Sleep with Daddy an' Pappy still?" Harry asked quietly, stopping in front of the closed door.

"Of course you can. Any night you want to."

"Okay.

"Wow..." Harry said once he opened the door. It revealed a room with a large, fluffy looking bed and desk. There was a bookshelf, filled completely with colorful books. Behind the desk there was a very large window that also looked out at the snow covered trees and bushes.

"Books?"

"We can read some, later, cub. After dinner or something, alright? Should we go look at my and Daddy's room?"

"Yeah, let's go!"

"Why don't you set your backpack on your bed first. You can keep Lily with, of course."

"Are... Can we play... play in the snow... later?" Harry asked.

"Of course we can! We'll go sledding, we'll make snow forts, we can do all of it! Maybe it'll even snow out while we're here! Have you ever caught a snowflake on your tongue?"

"No...?"

"It's fun, trust me. It's sort of like a game. Alright, come on, let's go see our room."

Remus and Severus' room was almost the same as Harry, though they had a larger bed and two bookshelves instead of one. 

"Daddy?" Harry asked. He swung his legs as he watched Severus and Remus put things away. They were staying there for two weeks, no point in leaving all their clothes in bags the entire time.