Chapter Thirty Two

"I don' wanna go!" Harry whined, tightening his hold on his dad. "NO!"

"Harry, it's just a check-up. They won't hurt you, and at the end, you get a sweet!" Severus tried to bargain, to no avail. Harry just cried harder. 

"Harry, it's required by the Ministry that you have a check-up once a year. For whatever, stupid, reason, Madame Pomfrey doesn't count. But whoever you'll see will be just as nice, just as gentle, okay? I promise, honey."

"NO!"

Remus took Harry from Severus. "Harry, cub, take a deep breath, okay? You know that me and Daddy would never do anything to hurt you, ever, right?" Harry nodded and wiped his nose on his sleeve. "Right. So, can you tell us why you don't want to see a Healer?"

"Be-Because... Because D-Dudley says they're mean an-an' scary an' they gives you shots in the bum!" Harry exclaimed. "Wi' a big needle!"

"Oh, honey, they do not," Remus replied. "They make sure you're healthy. They check your temperature, check your weight, how tall you are, that sort of stuff. And they might look at your eyes, too, since you have glasses, but that'll pretty much be it."

The boy sniffled and wiped his eyes on his other sleeve. "'Eally? No shots i-in the bum?"

"None. And afterwards, just like Daddy said, you can pick out a sweet."

"Still don' wanna."

"I know, bambi. I know." Severus sighed. "You know what else I know? It's time for a nap."

"Noooooo." Harry whined. "Don' wanna."

"Yes, but you have to. You had a really hard time sleepy, you don't want to be all grumpy the rest of the day, right?"

"I'll take him. You can finish grading," Remus offered. "C'mon, cub."

"Nigh' nigh', Daddy," Harry mumbled, muffled by Remus' jumper. "Pappy, stay dis time?"

"Hmm... Yes, I'll stay the whole time this time. Unless I have to use the loo, which I have to do now."

"'Kay, Pappy." Remus let Severus take the boy (again) so he could go to the bathroom. "Daddy, 'm scared of the doct'r." 

"There's no need to be scared, bambi. You'll be okay. Come on, honey, lets go get you into some jammies."

"The d'agons,  Daddy. Can you nap with us?"

"No, bambi. I have some work to do, sweetie." The two went to Harry's bedroom and started to get his in his pajamas. "But tomorrow, it's just you, me, and Pappy. How's that sound? Maybe we'll go swimming again? Or go to the pet store, see some animals?"

"Can we gets a doggie?"

"No yet, Hare, but maybe when you're older."

"Like six?"

Severus laughed. "How about seven?"

"Deals!" 

"I'm back!" Remus exclaimed. "Time to go night-night."

"Daddy stay!" Harry clung to him. "Pretty please? Please, please, please, please!?"

"Hon-"

"Please!?"

"Oh, alright," Severus caved. "But only ten minutes, I really do have work to do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Remus, let's just go, he isn't going to calm down any time soon!" Severus grumbled. "We're going to be late!"

"Five more minutes!"