Chapter Thirty Three

"Um... Sir, I was wondering about Harry," Thomas said, rubbing his neck awkwardly. "If you're going to want me to sit during the summer and stuff. Or if you'll want someone else, I guess."

"Harry adores you. I would never hear the end of it if I got someone else to sit for us. As long as you can Floo to our house, we'd love you too. I'm sure Remus would agree." At least, Severus hoped Remus would agree. Things had been weird since Remus set up a playdate with the Weasley's. "I will Owl you if we want you to watch him. Would that work?"

"Yeah, I think so. I'm pretty sure I'd only be able to stay out 'til eleven, maybe midnight on weekends. I'll have to check."

"And that should work perfectly. Now, you should get going, or you'll miss lunch." 

"Thanks, sir!" Thomas yelled over his shoulder as he ran to lunch. 

Severus packed up his few things and went through the portrait in his office to his quarters.

"DADDY!" Harry yelled, running from the table and jumping at Severus. "Lookit!" He opened his mouth and started wiggling a tooth with his tongue. "Like Dray!"

"Very nice, bambi," Severus said. "You know what that means?"

"'S gonna fall out an' the fairy gets to come an' take my tooth, right Daddy!?"

"Right, bambi. How's lunch? What're you eating?"

"Carrots an' strawberries an' a san'wich!! Ham!"

"Very nice." He sat down, Harry choosing to stay on his lap. "Are you excited to go to the Weasley's and Draco's later on?"

"...I'm excited for Dray's. I... You should come with!" Harry exclaimed. "Come with to the Weezy's!"

"Um... I have work to do, bambi. Maybe next time-"

"I not goin' unless Daddy comes!" Harry exclaimed. "No!"

"Okay!" Severus sighed. "I'll come, just for five minutes, though, okay?"

"YAY!"

"But only if you finish your lunch, bambi." He set Harry in the chair so he could stand and go to his room. Remus followed. 

"You don't have to come with, you know," the werewolf said. "Really. We'll be okay-"

"Harry won't go if I don't," Severus replied. "It's fine. You're going to the Malfoy's for the party at the beginning. Really."

"Okay. Well, we go in ten minutes, so I'd change into shorts and a T-shirt or something."

"Remus-"

"Right! I found this Muggle stuff. It's called concealer! Go put on a tank or a T or something!"

"This had better be good, Remi," the Slytherin mumbled, but threw on an old muscle top anyway."

"The hell did you get that?"

"Lil's dad had a garage sale or something. It was way to big on me, but he made me take it for free. Said he couldn't stand to see me in another long sleeve shirt again that summer." He was quiet for a moment. "I liked him."

"I... I did, too.

"Anyway, the concealer. It's s'posed to conceal stuff. Obviously. But it should hide your Mark, and it'll stay on with a charm." He applied it, and as he did, the Mark disappeared. Severus' eyes went wide, he smiled. "Just have to do a charm... And, we're done."

"It's gone."

"Yeah, it is."

"I've done charms before, but they didn't work. Dark magic..."