Chapter Fourteen

"Moony?" Harry said after throwing the ball to Remus, who caught it and threw it back. "Yep?"

"Ca' I ask you a question?"

"Of course, Hare."

"Can you live with me an' Daddy?" 

The question caught Remus off guard, and the ball hit him square in the face. Harry giggled at the sight. "Please?! I'll be good and helpful!"

"Harry..." He let out a sigh. "I'm not sure if that would be a good idea. Me and your daddy don't always get along, and I'm trying to find a job, so I'm on the road a lot. That's why I can only visit in the afternoons and weekends."

"What if you helped-ed Daddy?! You can help him do Potions and teach! Then you have job and you get to live here with us! Pretty please?"

Remus set the ball next to him and gestured for Harry to come over. Harry did, and sat in Remus' lap. "Harry, you know I love you, right? More than anything in this world?" Harry nodded. "I love you very much, and if I thought moving in would help you and make everything better, I would." Harry smiled. "But I don't think it would. Like I said, me and Sev don't really get along that well, and if we fight it might trigger you."

"But it would help!"

"How so?"

"Well, if you help Daddy then he wouldn't be cross a lot, and then he would be happy, which makes me happy, and you'd have a job and you'd live with me because we're a family, and then you can both sleep in my room and..."

"And what?"

"And I'll feel safe." Remus raised his eyebrow at the response. "Safe?"

"I dunno... I just..." Harry looked away from Remus, struggling to get the words out. "You... when you're both there, it just... makes me feel safe. And loved. I'm sorry. I feel like that when it's just Daddy but with both of you guys...I've only known you for like a month. I shouldn't've asked. It's stupid."

"No, it's not. Is there any other reason?"

"I... everyone I know has a mummy and a daddy... maybe... if I had two daddies, I would be just a bit normal. I'm different. I don't want to be different."

Remus gave Harry a soft hug. Two dads? Did Severus tell Harry something? No, he wouldn't do that. Was that how Harry thought about him?

On the other side of things, he wasn't opposing the idea Harry had just brought to his mind.

"Harry, I understand why you want me to live with you now. I just... I'll talk to Severus about it, okay? We'll see what we can do. Now. Want some ice cream before daddy gets back?"

The smile returned to Harry's face, who was nodding happily. "Chocolate!" He yelled as Remus threw the ball into the new toy basket. "Alrighty, come on then. You go wash your hands. I'll get us both some ice cream."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remus looked over at Harry, who was playing in the sitting room with a toy car he had gotten him as a, very, late birthday present. "He asked me something while you were out," he muttered to Severus. "Yeah? Like what?"

"Asked if I could move in with you two. Said I could help you in your class, y'know, teaching and stuff, because it slipped that I'm looking for a job."

"You still don't have one? What about those interviews?" Severus asked, eyes wide. "It's legally required. You have to enclose that you are a werewolf, and it's legal for them to discriminate against werewolves. Safety of their children, they say."