Why is it still raining?

January 16th, 2000

Jotaro was standing by the window of the Morioh Grand Hotel, watching. It was raining outside. It wasn't a hard rain but it wasn't a drizzle either. He was surprised it wasn't snowing, but it is what it is. Though, he heard some shuffling noises and turned around. His husband Kakyoin was still in bed, clearly not motivated to get out. The sad thing is that Jotaro knows exactly what's wrong.
This was the day when Kakyoin's life was put on the line. He almost died about eleven years ago today. Broken beyond repair, but managed to bounce back. This was the day DIO had almost killed Kakyoin. Jotaro stares at the rain for a few more moments, then walks over to Kakyoin. He sits by his side and holds his hand.
"How are you feeling, Nori?" Jotaro asked. Kakyoin didn't respond. He just curled up, pulling the blankets over his head more. Though, he still kept a good hold on Jotaro's hand. Jotaro sighed, then smoothed back Kakyoin's white hair and gave his forehead a kiss. "Get out of bed whenever you like, I'm going to go make breakfast." Jotaro then stood, making his way to the kitchen. However, it was quickly disrupted by the phone ringing.
Jotaro picked it up. "Hello?"
"Hey, Jotaro-San!" It was Josuke. "Me, Okuyasu, and Koichi were wondering if you and Kakyoin wanted to come over or if we could come over!"
"Oh... I don't know about that." Jotaro answered, looking at Kakyoin. His husband was still huddled in the blankets.
"Why not? It'll be fun!"
"Noriaki isn't really feeling the best today... He's not sick just... His scar."
"Ooh... Why don't we go over to you?!" Josuke suggested. Jotaro thought for a moment, then looked over at Kakyoin. He was shaking his head, easily signaling to Jotaro that he didn't want anyone over today.
"Well, it's hard to explain but he doesn't want anyone here."
"Why not? It'll be fun!"
Jotaro sighed. "Remember the trip to Egypt I told you about that I took when me and Noriaki were seventeen? Today's the day he... almost died. He's not really motivated to do anything right now."
"Oh... Oh!! Yeah, right!! Sorry! Maybe another day. Bye, Jotaro-San!" Josuke then hung up. Jotaro then put the phone on the wall. As he was doing that, he heard some shuffling and footsteps. He looked behind him to see Kakyoin had gotten up, the blanket wrapped around him and covering him completely.
The white-haired man then rested his head on Jotaro's shoulder, a shaky breath escaping him. Jotaro then turned to hold Kakyoin, petting his hair and holding him close. Kakyoin took in a breath, letting out a quiet sob. Tears started to fall onto and stain Jotaro's shirt. Jotaro let out quiet coos of comfort, trying to calm his husband.
"Shh... it's okay, baby... No ones gonna hurt you... You're safe here..." Jotaro reassured, feeling as his husband's hands clenched around the fabric of his now tear-stained shirt. After a few minutes of Kakyoin crying, he calmed. Jotaro led him back into bed and tucked him in.
"Are... A-Are you going to make b-breakfast...?" Kakyoin asked. Jotaro nodded, then went to the kitchen to finally make some food. At that, Kakyoin was left alone with his thoughts. Though, instead of overthinking, he decided to fall back asleep.

It was dark. Oh so dark. All I heard was rushing water and rain. I felt it, too. The rain hitting my head, shoulders, and arms. The water was gushing out of my torso, along with blood. It was so painful, yet I couldn't feel a thing. My eyes felt heavy, but weakly looked over when I felt someone touching me.
I glanced over, only my eyes moving. I saw Jotaro. Jotaro was here, grabbing me and holding me close. He had tears in his eyes and he was clearly trying to hold them back, but it didn't work. Jotaro kept crying.
"Fuck, Noriaki!! Please, stay with me!" Jotaro yelled, crying more. He sounded desperate. Though, I saw something. It was Star Platinum. The giant stand reached into my body and I felt it grab my heart, which was just barely beating. Star Platinum then starting shaking my heart gently, picking up pace overtime.
"Please... Please, Nori. Don't close your eyes. Just stay with me, okay? Don't go." Jotaro begged, leaning in and giving me a kiss on the forehead. I smiled at that, only ever so faintly before I felt other hands grabbing me and other voices. They tore me out of Jotaro's grasp and put me on a stretcher. Though, there was one question in my mind the whole time this was happening. While everything was starting to fade to black and my body was getting cold.
Why is it still raining?
I did what I was supposed to.
That's not fair.

Kakyoin woke with a start and sat up in a cold sweat. He looked all around, but his vision was too blurred and his head was too fuzzy to comprehend a single thought. He felt a shooting pain in his abdomen and fell back on the bed. Slowly, his thoughts started to clear up and the world stopped spinning.
After a moment on laying down, tears filled his eyes and he clutched his stomach. His scar was burning and it hurt oh so badly. He felt so nauseous too. Pained cries escaped him, trying to desperately get someone's attention. But, after a few minutes of wailing in pain, he realized he was here all alone. Jotaro wasn't home.
He felt so sick and weak. His pain only grew more. He was panicking bad, it only growing more when he heard footsteps in the hall. It's DIO. He's back to kill me. He got Jotaro and now he's coming for me. Kakyoin's breathing was quick and fast, the door opening catching him by surprise. He yelped in pain and surprise, causing the person who just walked in to set something heavy down and rush over to Kakyoin's side.
"Noriaki?! What happened, are you okay?" Kakyoin recognized that voice. It was Jotaro. He was alive. He was okay. Kakyoin then went to go sit up and hold Jotaro, but stopped due to the horrid pain in his abdomen. He whimpered in pain, letting out another sob.
"Hey, calm down. I got you food from Tonio's, so you should be better if you eat it." Jotaro said, getting the food he placed down. He brought it over, along with a fork and knife, then gave it to Kakyoin. Though, Kakyoin just pushed the food away.
"Not hungry..." Kakyoin said. Jotaro just sighed, then took the fork and knife, opened the food box, then started to feed Kakyoin. It was difficult do so at first, Kakyoin refusing the food and pushing it away like a child. Though, he eventually started eating, Jotaro giving him small words of praise when he ate successfully.
The rain was starting to clear up as well. It was only a light sun shower, a rainbow starting to form in the sky. Kakyoin finished about half of the food before he was full, Jotaro putting the box with the food in the refrigerator and utensils away in the sink to be washed later.
Now that Kakyoin had a full tummy and his pain had subsided, he was feeling a lot better. He wasn't planning on moving that much today, but he decided to get up and take a shower. He bathed happily and calmly, the warm water soothing him greatly. However, to his surprise, Jotaro joined him in the shower.
"JoJo, hunny, what are you doin' here?"
"I wanted to see you, my little cherry." Jotaro said, gently grabbing Kakyoin's loofa and washing the rest of his body and the places he couldn't reach easily. Kakyoin also did the same to Jotaro, washing his big husband with care. They both basically forgot about the day and the significance it holds.
Once the two finished up, they both got out and dried themselves off. As Jotaro left the bathroom to get changed, Kakyoin stopped to look in the mirror. His top surgery scars and the one he got from DIO were visible. Even the ones on his eyes from N'Doul were there. However, instead of feeling let down, he felt confident.
"Nori, are you coming to change?" Jotaro called.
"Yeah, sorry!" Kakyoin laughed, going out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. The rain had stopped, and he was glad it did.
He did what he was supposed to, and it was fair.