Fish out of Water

It was warm out as the sailor rode on his small boat. His beautiful short and black locks were flowing in the wind and his dark skin was highlighted by the sun, the spots of un-pigmented skin littering his body were visible if someone was standing near him. His t-shirt was tucked into his pants, held up by two belts. His one green eye and one blue eye were stern and focused as he directed his boat to a giant rock not too far from the shore.
This sailor was Jotaro Kujo, feared by most and extremely strong. Though, today he decided to take a break. He was heading to the rock on his boat because it was somehow very flat on the top and a relatively big space. It was big enough for two or three people, or maybe two people and a baby or small pet.
As he got to the rock, he let down the anchor of his boat so it wouldn't drift away, and put down his stuff on the rock, which included some food and a drink, then hoisted himself onto the rock. He sat down and folded his legs to sit in a crisscross position, then opened up his food he packed.
It wasn't much, a ham and cheese sandwich with a side of cherries. He didn't know why cherries out of all the things he could've picked, but he chose them. For now, he set the bowl of cherries aside and dug into his sandwich. Though, little did the sailor know that he was not alone.
He was still eating and admiring the ocean and not paying attention to his bowl of cherries he left out. When he was about halfway through his sandwich, he heard some clinking noises behind him. He whipped his head around and then stood when he saw a hand digging in his bowl of cherries.
In one swift and fluid motion, Jotaro grabbed the hand by the wrist. It's nails were sharp and the hand was tinted green due to the weird-feeling scales on the hand. It even had webbing in between its fingers. It tensed for a moment, then quickly started to grab at anything to escape.
This caused it to scratch Jotaro in the process, causing him to grunt in pain and let go. The hand then retreated under water and was never seen. The water was too murky to make out what that creature was, but all Jotaro knew is that it wasn't human. Though, an idea soon sprouted in his head.
Experimentally, he took a Cherry from the bowl the creature was stealing from and dropped it in the water. Suddenly, there were a few small ripples in the water, then the same hand Jotaro had grasped just before appeared and swiftly took the floating cherry from the water. Not even five seconds later, the pit and stem of the now demolished fruit popped up and floated on the surface of the water.
Curiously, Jotaro picked up another cherry and dropped it in the water below yet again. The same thing happened, the cherry was swiped away and a few seconds later it resurfaced as a lonely pit and stem.
"Interesting..." Jotaro muttered under his breath. Suddenly, a small idea popped up in his mind. He grabbed a cherry, then slowly lowered his hand into the water, or just barely above the surface. He then dipped a finger in the water, then his whole hand. This was risky enough.
He wasn't expecting anything, but he suddenly felt something brush against his hand. He stiffened, scared to move so he wouldn't potentially scare off the creature. The cherry was still in his hand. He then felt another hand brush up against his, the cherry being taken.
Jotaro didn't notice this at first, but he heard quiet munching sounds from under the water as the creature ate the cherry. It then stopped, the pit and stem appearing and drifting off in the water for the third time. Jotaro nodded to himself for no particular reason, then pulled his hand out of the water to get another cherry. Though, something unexpected happened.
Two green and scaly hands came out of the surface of the water and grabbed hold of a small edge, then pulled themselves up onto the rock Jotaro had situated himself on. He backed up and watched, seeing the creature for the first time.
It had scales almost all over his body, on its hands, shoulders. And cheeks. It seemed to have gills on its neck and a head of wet white hair. Once it finished tugging itself up, Jotaro saw it had a glistening swamp-green tail. It was covered in scars and resembled one of a betta fish. It was truly and extremely beautiful. The creature then looked over at Jotaro, it's red eyes unmoving.
"Umm... Hi?" Jotaro said, pulling over the bowl of cherries. "Were you the one eating my cherries?" The creature then cleared its throat.
"Yes, is there a problem with that?" It asked, its tone full of venom.
"Do you want more?" Jotaro offered timidly, sliding the bowl to the creature. It looked at Jotaro for a moment, then took the bowl. As Jotaro looked at the creature more, he realized something. It wasn't an ordinary mermaid that he had heard tall tales about as a kid. No, this was a siren. They were dangerous creatures and could kill even when unprovoked. So many sailors have gone missing because of them. Oh god, Jotaro was fucked.
Eventually, the siren's fingertips and around his mouth was stained a reddish-purple with the juices from the cherries. To be honest, Jotaro found it very attractive. However, he quickly shooed the thought away and turned back to the siren, who had already finished off the cherries. The two made eye contact, causing Jotaro to break out in a nervous sweat. He was so dead!
"Do you have any more?" The creature asked, approaching Jotaro by tugging himself towards him. Jotaro gulped.
"N-No... Sorry." Jotaro said, trying to seem nice. The siren shrugged, then looked at Jotaro for a few moments.
"What is your name, sailor?" It asked.
"Jotaro Kujo. You?"
"Noriaki Kakyoin. I must say, you have a nice name, Jotaro..."
"Thank you, Kak-"
"Please, call me Noriaki." The siren interrupted. Jotaro just nodded, then looked at his watch. Shit, it was later than he expected.
"Listen, Noriaki, I gotta go. I'll be here tomorrow if you wanna meet again?"
"Hmm, fine. As long as you bring those weird red things you brought today. They were very delicious." Noriaki said, getting ready to go back into the ocean. Jotaro just smiled and nodded, hopping in his boat as Noriaki flopped into the ocean. They both said their goodbyes and went their own ways, excited to see each other tomorrow in the near future.