Zod

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Tyla sighed into the kiss, feeling a forcefulness that she didn't normally have with him before. It was as if there was quiet desperation there, something that seemed like she needed to be convinced of something. When she opened her eyes and pulled away, Lex had barely opened his. It was as if he was taking in their passion. "Why are you dressed like someone from the Matrix?" She quipped as she raised an eyebrow. She looked down at his attire. When had he ever had a penchant for leather? She could have made another quip, but she heard an explosion just out over to the plaza. Frowning, she broke away from him and marched over to the ledge. She watched as the people below fought against each other. "The city's tearing itself apart. All those people, we have to help them." She started to say.

She didn't notice the look of disapproval on his face. "Help them?" He asked.

"With both our powers, we could end the riots. We can save everyone," she turned around. It was then that she realized that Clark should have been here by now. "Where's Clark?" She wondered.

"Clark?" Now she saw the glint of disapproval. "Ah. You mean Kal-El."

Tyla blinked. How did he know? "Lex? What's going on?"

"Lex Luthor is dead. My name is Zod." There was death in his eyes. She gulped and sidestepped away from him. It was too late. Just then, the door behind them burst open. Chloe and Lionel ran in, stopping short to see Lex. In that same split instant, Lex scooped Tyla up and flew up to the sky, ignoring her fists beating at him.

*****

"Let go!" she growled, fighting Zod's grip on her as she tried to fly away. She only saw Lex, it was disarming but she knew with the way he held and looked at her, it was a different man. They landed just outside of a greyish-blue warehouse. As Zod unwrapped his arms from her, Tyla took the opportunity to run but it was futile. He sped over and grabbed her arm, pulling her to the ground as she tried to shoot herself back up to the sky. He dragged her over to the warehouse with an iron grip. "I told you to let go!"

"Zod doesn't take orders, he gives them," he replied, coldly.

Tyla glared. "What do you want from me?" She asked.

"I find it hard to believe that the Clairvoyant is unaware of the gifts that she has," Zod pushed open the warehouse door and dragged her in. "You are far more useful alive."

She looked over in the direction that they were heading. She had a sneaking suspicion that if Lex was gone, then so was Clark. She was truly alone in this fight. Clark, I know you're not dead, she thought. There's no way that you can hear me but...I could really use your help right now. She pushed her tears down, covering her eyes from Zod as she finally broke away from his hold. Or rather, he let her go. A faint humming was heard from across the room. It knew that she was here. Tyla recognized that sound anywhere. It was the ship that she and Lex looked so hard for.

"Whatever is happening to you, Lex. It's not you. It's the ship. It's Fine controlling you," she pleaded, turning around to Zod. "You have to fight it; I know you're in there somewhere."

"I already told you, your beloved Lex is gone."

She crossed her arms. "If that's the case, why did you keep me alive?" She asked. "You can't possibly think that I'll help you. You're wasting your time."