Reunification

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contained.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Lex found himself staring up at the statue of his boarding school. It was a figure raising their sword toward the sky. As if the statue was ready for battle. He remembered when he first came to this campus, he thought that the statue represented the greatness that he was destined to have but now he realized that it was just a facade. He only experienced the need for resilience and survival. It wasn't with courage that the statue represented.  Looking at it again, the statue was now imposing instead of inspiring. Now flooded with memories of him attending Excelsior Academy, he would rather be elsewhere, not relieving glory days at a reunion.

"We had a cat at my high school," he heard Tyla come toward him with a smile on her face. "But now I realize it might be a cheetah." She jokingly frowned. She went to Carr High School, but they never really saw their mascot. Just a bunch of logos with a spotted cat on them. If she had gone to any of the games, maybe it would have dawned on her sooner that it was a cheetah.

"In this case, I think I prefer yours," he turned to her, offering his arm. She looked like a picture of dark blue as she coiled her arm to his. It was a simple dark blue dress, a sleek silk blue that hugged her form. She had clear shoes on, one could see from the slit that opened from her dress, but the reveal of her legs was more for his benefit than any.

She studied his nervous gaze as he pulled away from looking at her to watch the throng of his male classmates flock around the entrance of the auditorium. "I can tell you want to leave as quickly as one," she added. His arm was stiff, tense. "Why did we come here?"

"Some of the deepest pockets in the country went to Excelsior," he explained as he nodded towards a former teacher who gave a quick greeting. "These alumni socials are good for business. You want someone to help you partner with your youth projects, this is a good way to start."

She took a deep breath. Leave it to Lex Luthor to fall back on business. She looked over to her left to see Jason Spheer wave over to her. "Well, why don't we be social to a few faces then and leave? Business and pleasure," she suggested. "Jason is just an easy hello." He was after all her former boss. She smiled over to Lex only to be met with a sweet kiss from her husband.

"Tyla!" The blonde turned to see Lois walking over to her. "Your billionaire drag you to this thing, too?" She was wearing a black dress with strings of pearls around her neck. She looked like Audrey Hepburn.

"With endless stories through memory lane," Tyla greeted before she drew Lois in for a hug.

A sentiment that Lex was not sharing. His mind was elsewhere. "Oliver's here?" He scowled.

Lois noted the same tension that she felt before. Even Oliver was tense at the mention of Lex after they returned from the Luthors' Dark Thursday Charity. "I don't get it," she added, looking over at her friend. "You put a bunch of pubescent boys in jackets and cram them full of pomp and circumstance. You're just asking for a round of "Lord of the Flies.""

"You forgot to add that there isn't a girl in sight," Tyla quipped. "Prom must have been awkward."

The two women laughed just before Oliver came walking over to meet the group. "I don't know. We all turned out alright. Didn't we?" He asked just as he joined Lois's side.