Struggle

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contain from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Mornings at the Luthor Mansion were oddly different as of late. The silence was simply quiet reflection instead of intense loneliness for Lex. With the light hitting the window, something that used to annoy him only brought him more relaxation. Lex fluttered his eyes open, rubbing his eyes as if he could rid the fatigue before he turned to see his sleeping beauty next to him. He could barely remember the night of her birthday. It was almost embarrassing that the blonde partier was the more sober one of the two. With constant reassurance, Tyla simply chalked it up that she was drunk on the love that her friends had given her. He glanced at the far wall behind her, their masks and clothes discarded. He at least remembered what happened after the party. He leaned over and kissed her forehead, stirring her awake. "Good morning gorgeous," he murmured, wrapping his arm around her naked stomach. "How did the two of you sleep?" He planted a kiss on her shoulder and trailed down her arm.

"Mmmm...I think she was kicking," she mumbled, making him pause. They didn't know that for sure, but Tyla's friends could swear that she was going to give birth to a girl. "Or maybe I drank too much of that sparkling juice."

Lex shook his head slowly, chuckling. "Maybe...." He pondered. "I was thinking, would it too much to organize a baby-moon?"

"A what?" Tyla raised an eyebrow and started to laugh.

"Something before the baby comes. It's going to be very different when-"

"Lex, I can't exactly fly across the country right now."

"I own a yacht, you know." He gave her another kiss before he leaned back to watch her frame as she got up from the bed, laughing. Suddenly, she stopped. Lex looked over at her, questionably. She had looked down at herself, her hands splayed to her belly. "Ty?"

She then gasped in pain. "Lex?" She fell to her knees as she felt a pain shoot to her stomach. "Oh no...please," she started to beg. "Please no." She moaned in pain, trying not to writhe.

"Tyla?!?" He all but threw the covers back and jumped to her side. He wrapped his arms around her. "Tyla. Oh my god..."

Tyla lowered her hand. Was she giving birth? It's too early. She tried to feel her cervix but when she looked at her fingers, they were covered with blood. "There's something wrong," she gasped, feeling pain all over again.

He looked down at her legs, she was dripping with blood. He looked over towards their door, hoping his security would come. "Somebody help me!" He yelled as she curled against him in pain. "Someone!"

She closed her eyes but all she saw was black and red.

****

Tyla woke up in a coughing fit, dazed and unsure where she was. She was by herself in a room, the faint scent of ammonia filled her nose. She looked around, finding the hospital garb around her and the itchy fabrics of the hospital bed annoying her. She gasped and pushed the covers off her. She splayed her fingers over her stomach, it didn't feel heavy...or in pain. "Lex?!" She shrieked. "Lex!!"

Lex was just outside her room in the hallway when he heard her. He was just talking to Dr. Harden when he heard her screaming out to him. He turned around and opened the door, running in. "Tyla!" He came, rushing to her side. She reached out to him. "I'm here, honey. I'm right here."