Intrusion

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

The wind howled outside, causing tremors to anyone who was unfortunately enough to still be caught up in the storm. It was going to be a rough night. The snow beat down on the windows with a mixture of frost and hail, scratching and scraping the panes. It was one of the heavier snowstorms that February granted Smallville. The last before the cool melting of spring. At least that's what Tyla told herself as she walked out of the master bathroom, combing out the knots of her hair. She padded across the room, placing her hairbrush on the vanity before she tightened the belt of her light blue, silk nightrobe. She glanced out towards the terrace. The door was slightly ajar. Curious. From what she remembered, she had made sure it was closed so that the storm didn't shatter the glass. 

She walked over and closed the door, clicking it to lock before her cell phone chimed. She looked back, her stomach turning to knots at the uneasy tension growing within her. Even more curious. She grabbed her phone from the dresser and flipped it open. A photo of herself, just moments before she closed the door, stared back at her. It looked like it was coming from the bathroom. She glanced behind her towards the bathroom, towards where she just was. Someone was watching her. They were here! She took a few steps back before she all but ran from her room. "Mack! Brady!" She called out. Three pairs of footsteps ran up the stairs. One of them being Lex's.

"Ty...what's wrong?" He can see the panic in her eyes.

"There's someone in the room."

Lex glared into their room then nodding towards the security guards to sweep through. Both men raised their guns and barged into the room. Mack was a tall but skinny man with dark tuffs of brown hair. It was light like a cloud, but it fell to the side of his face like curls. Brady was much more muscular. He cut his hair to almost a buzz-cut. He always kept it coiffed whenever he knew that he would be guarding either of the Luthors. Tyla remembered that Brady was in the marines before being employed by Lex to be her guard. How apt. Only the best, it seemed.

Mack ran into the bathroom, checking into the nooks. "Clear," he stated towards his partner.

Brady glanced over to the master bedroom. He had checked everywhere but there wasn't anyone in sight. "It's all clear, sir," he said, turning towards Lex who walked into their room first.

He had his hand, blocking Tyla. If anything came at her, they would have to get through him first. Tyla glanced out and looked at the door to the terrace. It was open again. "Lex, I locked that." She pointed towards the door and Lex immediately walked over. He leaned out to look but there was nothing. There was no indication of footprints or anything of such a mark. However, it was hard to tell with all the sleet and snow that was bearing down onto the tiles.

He took a step back, closing the door before he addressed the guards. "Check the roof and initiate a full perimeter sweep of the grounds," he ordered.

"Right. Yes, sir." With that, Mack and Brady went to relay to the other four guards that were posted throughout the grounds.

"Tyla, what did the guy look like?"

Lex's voice broke her concentration, bringing her back from her daze to the reassuring arms of her husband. "I don't know. I didn't see him, but I could sense that there was someone in the room with me," she explained. "I know he was here, and I closed that door. It wouldn't have been open. Twice." She looked down. In her hand, was still her cell phone. She flipped the phone open, showing him the message. That single photo didn't mean that it was coming from her imagination.