Stationary

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Night fell, and the blonde secluded herself in a sci-fi novel in the quietness of her bedroom. It was a long night for the Luthors. Tyla had launched her breakthrough with her stem cell research. They were one step closer to finding out a way to regrow neurons. Something that was just in its infancy, but LuthorCorp funding was helping it along. It gave her time to avoid Lex, who was busy uncovering his father's plan with rejuvenating someone past death. It didn't work the first time, so what made things any different now? But with her husband preoccupied, she was able to pick up her prenatal vitamins from the doctor.  She stared that the bottle, trying to find the words to tell Lex but lately, nothing came to mind. She knew eventually she had to say something but somehow nerves got the best of her.

She heard the door open from their bedroom and quickly, she stashed the vitamin bottle in the drawer of her side table. She was settling back into her book when Lex walked in. He was tired but it didn't rid the look of skepticism that he gave her. "I didn't expect you awake," he said, trying to rid his business demeanor for something more loving but her shifting bothered him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she squeaked. "Why wouldn't I be?"

He took a step closer and kissed the top of her head. "For one, we haven't seen much of each other lately," he pondered. "I was suspecting that it was something I did." She was about to say yes, as a matter of sorts but instead she shook her head quickly as she bookmarked her page. "Ty...you've been distant since Thanksgiving. Are you sure you're okay?" He reached over to caress her arm. "You know you can tell me anything, right? I'll always be here for you. Always."

A small smile passed her lips. "I know," she whispered. She leaned over and kissed him softly on the cheek. "Just come to bed?"

It was enough for him to believe her. He was trusting her that she would sort out whatever is on her mind before she told him. Her process was still something that he needed to get used to. He shrugged on a shirt and his sweatpants before he pulled back the covers. She looked up at him and patted at the spot next to her, jokingly before he slipped into the covers. With one arm wrapped around her waist, he leaned in to kiss her. "Have I mentioned to you how much I enjoy seeing you in our bed?" He teased.

"Perhaps once or twice," she replied with a soft giggle. She lifted her finger to press against his lips before giving him a word of caution. "Not tonight, baby."

Just then an alarm blared in their ears. It caused the two of them to flinch. Several security officers barged into the master bedroom and Tyla curled against her nightgown. She eyed all the pistols that were waved around the room, investigating for an intrusion. Instantly, Lex got up and moved to help Tyla off the bed. "Mr. Luthor. Mrs. Luthor, there's a been a breach," one of the guards said.

"What's the code?" Lex asked immediately, letting two of the guards flock to Tyla to whisk her away.

"142."

The blonde blinked. "What's code 142?"

"Everything's gonna be fine. We're safe," he reassured her as the group made their way towards the panic room in the study.

"Lex...we don't have a safe code," she added. "What's 142?"

"I'll tell you everything once we're in the panic room." He followed the security officers as each corner was met with lights and an officer yelling that the area was clear over the shrieking alarm. There was a rush in his ears, more from the blood that pumped up as he watched Tyla look around the study in confusion.