27- Tiffany

When the new morning came, the bright sun found Ash and Eli curled up in the bed like two babes in the womb. Opening her eyes, Ash glanced at Eli and the way his dark hair fell over his face. Resisting the urge to brush it away, she bopped his nose instead, waking him. "Hi sleepy."

"Hmmm."

"Yah, that's what I was going to say."

Eli chuckled and rubbed his eyes. "How do you feel?"

Ash touched the spot on her neck Haven had bit. "It doesn't hurt anymore."

Outside the sleepy bedroom, a sound came from the kitchen. Haven was talking to the fish and the cat in gentle tones.

Eli glanced to the door. "I kind of expected it to but it was Haven biting us."

"He makes pain fade pretty quick, huh?"

Stretching, Eli yupped and told Ash how quickly after he'd fallen in the garden that he's felt better. "He used this plant to make an ointment, the one he made your tea from. Guess it works wonders."

Watching Eli stretch, Ash's eyes traveled to his belly where his top hiked up exposing a sliver of skin. "I still believe it's him who works the wonders."

Turning to her, Eli nodded slowly. "You know. I think you're right." When he caught her peeking at his stomach, Eli mocked shyness and covered her eyes with his hand. "You have no shame."

"None whatsoever," Ash replied. "I like you, Eli." Removing his hands, she held them. "I like you and I like Haven and I like being here."

"We like you too," Eli uttered as he ran his thumb over her hand.

"Hey! I've got something." Bolting up before she poured more of her feelings out about him and Haven, Ashlyn gestured Eli to get out of bed. "Meet me in the kitchen in a minute."

When Ash disappeared, Eli shook his head and chuckled to himself. She was batty but he loved that about her. It didn't bother him that she was also nice to look at. The slight bulge in his pj bottoms admitted he liked her a lot. Maybe he didn't have the same connection he had with Haven, but there was something there between all three of them, it was obvious by last night. Eli could not put a name on it but it was something better than just simple attraction.

When Eli entered the kitchen he saw the kitten on the counter and Haven standing by her rubbing more ointment on her eyes. D'Art was swimming around contently on a high shelf.

"Hey, beautiful," Haven said seeing Eli enter. "How are you? Any pain or dizziness?"

Wrapping his arms around Haven, Eli shook his head. "No. I feel fine, so does Ash." Touching his lips to Haven's arm, Eli whispered. "Last night was..." He inched up and smiled against his lover's shoulder. "It was... It was strange, brutal, painful but also amazing. I think Ashlyn felt the same way."

"It was intimate," Haven said gently. He wiped his hands on a tea towel and turned to face Eli. "I felt close to you and to Ash."

"Me too," Eli agreed.

"Did we feel..." Haven pursed his lips before speaking again, "too close to her or...?"

"I felt close like I do with you but not exactly. But," Eli sighed, "damn it Haven. I don't feel the way I feel with you but I felt something good."

Haven nodded as he touched his forehead to Eli's. "I think it's ok that we feel this way if she does, too."

"She does. I'm sure."

"Then we should be grateful that there's one more person to love and love us back."

Nodding, Eli tilted his head up and feathered a kiss on Haven's lips. "You're wise."

"Not bad for an old man, huh?"

Before Eli could reply, Ashlyn dashed into the kitchen. "Am I interrupting a special moment?" she gave them both an impish smile.

"Yes, but you're forgiven," Eli said as he turned so that Haven was holding him from around the back.

"Ok, my lovelies." Thumping a blue box on the table, she wriggled her finger at Eli and Haven. "Bring the cat. I was thinking."

"About what?" Slipping out of Haven's embrace, Eli sat across from Ash and looked at the box. "What's this?"

A brand new looking Tiffany and Co. box, mark and stains free, sat among them. "It's the box for my necklace," Ash replied.

Haven walked over with the kitten. He sat down and sat her on his lap. Noticing Ash wasn't wearing her necklace, his gaze moved to the box curiously.

"She needs a name. And a collar," Ashlyn said opening the box. Taking out her necklace, she stood and walked to Haven and the kitten.

Ash wrapped the necklace around the kitten's neck. Haven noticed the chain had been broken and adjusted to fit perfectly around the little animal.

Clasping her hands behind her back, Ash looked from one man to the other. "Well?"

The corner of Haven's lips curled into a small smile. Eli was beaming.

The kitten leaped on the table and stood in the middle like a little queen addressing her subjects. She lowered her head and rubbed her face, the ointment smearing all over her inky fur. When she looked up, the trio noticed she had finally opened her eyes. A bright teal gaze swept across the room. "I knew she'd see," Ash whispered. "Tiffany blue. Just like in my dream!"

The two men rose from their seats and Haven scooped the kitten up. When the cat looked at him with open eyes he choked back a sob.

"She can see?" Eli uttered.

Haven nodded, emotions swelled and threatened to crash over him.

"It's all your doing, Haven," Ash commented. "If you're not God then you're the closest thing I've ever known to Him."

The cat began to purr loudly. Her blue eyes moving from one to the other before she turned her attention back to Haven and began to rub her head against his chest.

"It's what brought us all together," Eli said. "A ratty Tiffany Box with my button brought me to you all."

Ash rocked back and forth on her heels, happy as punch.

"I think the name suits her," Haven commented cuddling the kitten. "Tiffany. I like it."

words: 1058