Chapter 1

''Ivy, is everything packed yet?'' Brian my foster father asked.

''Yes sir, everything is ready'' I respond.

''Good, go see that your mother is ready''

With a nod of my head I leave him standing on the porch. We are waiting for the movers to arrive so we can be off to our new home in... well I don't know, actually. That is not something I need to know apparently, seeing that it is my fault we are moving. Apparently the neighbours heard some of my screams a few nights ago during one of my punishments and called the police. They didn't see anything wrong when they came to check the house. I had been gagged and tied up in a trunk in the attic for making to much noise and so i wasnt found. So my 'parents' didn't get into any problems but they decided it would be better to move incase the neighbours thought to check themselves. That wouldn't end well for anyone.

I finally found my 'mother' hovering over her 'toys' in the basement. A shiver ran down my spine as she carefully brushed her fingers over her favorite whip. It had tiny thorn like spikes that poked through the leather, and a red and black leather wrapped handle. She carefully placed it into the large black chest with the rest of the stuff she liked to use to help teach me my lessons.

I approached her, head bowed and hands behind my back just how I've been taught, and cleared my throat,

''Mother, father sent me to see if you were ready, the movers will be arriving soon''

I heard the lock click on the chest and her shuffling feet as she moved around the basement not saying anything, just as i was going to lift my head I saw her slippers appear in front of me. She gripped my chin and lifted my head to look at her,I saw the hate in her eyes as she glared at me, the smell of the vodka on her breathe was enough to make my eyes water. She let go and slapped me hard enough to send me to the floor.

''Make sure you are not seen by anyone today. You stay out of sight and you dont make a sound. Understood?''

''Yes, mother.''

Just before she left the basement she turned to me with a wicked gleam in her eyes. One that only promises pain.

''You are to wait for me in my room, in potition'' with that she leaves.

My eyes widen and my breathing picks up. 'In potition' echos in my head as i pick myself up off the floor and make my way out of the basement. I don't know what she's planning, the movers are due any minuet so she can't have anything too bad planned. Can she?

My body feels numb as i approach her room. Every part of me, shaking, the fear of not knowing what she could be thinking is overwhelming. I open the door, the room is empty, with the exception of a few boxes a wardrobe and my 'parents' bed. I make my way to the centre of the room and kneel with my head bowed and hands behind my back. Body still shaking and tears welling up in my eyes, I wait.

Whilst I'm waiting, my mind starts to wonder. I start thinking about how messed up my life is. Wondering what life would have been like if my real parents hadn't abandoned me, left me on the doorstep of people who only enjoyed my company when I was in pain and suffering at their hands. I wondered what school might be like, if i would have friends. I use to go to school until i was 13. I liked going to school, I could escape from this hell for a few hours. I was bullied at school, but mainly by 2 girls, they were horrible people, they weren't at my 'parents' level but they were brutal at times. My 'parents' loved them, anytime i went to school with visable bruises or if I was limping they could say it was from them. Eventually teachers stopped asking and instead just gave me looks of pity as I passed them in the halls. The library became my safe place. They never looked for me in there and I could learn about anything and everything, including languages, which apparently I had a knack for. So anytime I had free time during school I would go to my safe place and study. I learnt about computers and hacking, motercycles and cars, russian, greek, german, french, italian, spanish, I read about different martial arts and lock picking and tips on climbing, which came in massively handy when i needed to escape through my bedroom window away from my foster parents when they had a few too many drinks and I needed to stay out of their sight until the next morning.