Chapter 3

Luke's POV
I walk down the empty corridor. Silence and darkness surround me. I must complete this mission, so many people rely on me to get this done. As I near my destination, the large double wooden doors at the end of the corridor I hear the sound of footsteps approaching. Heavy footsteps, like seriously, a gorilla in tap shoes would be quieter. I quickly dive into the nearest room, noticing a desk in the far right corner of the room. I head over and climb on, making my way up to the ceiling to hide up there. I cover my mouth with my shirt to stop from breathing in all the dust and crawl over to peak through a hole over the corridor I was just in. Then I see him. The most despicable of all evil beings on the planet. No make that universe. I shiver just looking at him. Lord Broccoli of the North. Destroyer of candy everywhere. I tear up just thinking of all those lost souls. I will avenge them. But first to save Princess Caramel.

Lord Broccoli heads towards a door at the oppisite end of the corridor heading outside. I count to 20 then lower myself down and run towards the double doors. Picking the lock with ease, the doors open with a load groan and then I see her. I approach kneeling infront of her,

''My lady, I have come to rescue you''

''Arrise good sir and wake up''

My brows furrow in confusion and I lift my head to look at her.

''SNAP OUT OF IT LUKE!''

Slowly everything started to fade and gave way to a new horrific sight. Gabe in a clothing store. Everything is coming back to me now, Sang needed new clothes and Gabe dragged me along for the trip. So I have the luck of being bag boy.

''God fucking damn it Luke, took me 10 minuets to get you back. You feeling okay?''

''Yeah, sorry man, I didn't sleep all that well and I've only had 3 chocolate bars today'' Stupid North and his blood hound nose finding my stash. Again.

''North again?'' I nod ''Here, cheer the fuck up and eat this'' he says as he throws a pack of delicious candies onto my lap. I stare at it wide eyed, like it holds the secrets of the universe before thanking Gabe and devouring this precious gift. A smile spreads across my face and I do a little happy dance whilst I eat. I'm a happy Luke now. Screw North and his carrots. Gabe is my best friend, my brother, my hero.

''Have I told you how much I love you lately"

''Yeah, yeah just hurry the fuck up dumb arse, got a shit ton of fucking bags for you to take out to the fucking car before we go eat some Italian shit for lunch''

Ahh, Gabe and his technicolour language that could make a sailor blush. Though I have noticed it has eased off a bit since Sang came into our lives.

I stand up and rush to tackle Gabe in a hug to thank him, he hugs me back and pets my head before ushering me towards the bags. He always pets my head, he has a weird thing for hair and I have shoulder length blond hair that I hate taking care of, so he does it for me.

As I'm walking towards the bags I notice that Victor is stood near Sang watching as she tries on shoes. He looks at her with so much love, but I have noticed lately that some of the fire that use to light up in his eyes whenever she was around has started to dim slightly. Not enough to worry me all that much but enough for me to notice.

I shrug my shoulders and head out to the car. He knows we are here for him, he's our brother and part of our family. The Blackbourne team, 9 brothers who have all had a less than great start in life. A family united by crappy circumstances.

As I'm heading back into the Mall I pass a group of guys, all of them smoking what are not regular cigarettes from the pungent smell coming from them. Ugh, it makes my eyes water.