Chapter 19

Chapter 19

The Blackbourne team settled around the dining table that had been filled with plates upon plates piled high with an assortment of breakfast foods. Pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs and a large platter of fruit that had been carefully cut into different shapes by the overly health concious North who hoped fun shapes might be the way to encourage his all-things-sweet-aholic older brother to eat even just the tiniest bit better. Nervous glances could be seen being thrown around the room as everyone began to dig in.

North had noticed that Luke was playing with his food rather than actually eating, well inhaling, the pancakes as he usually would. Gabe had also noticed and grabbed Lukes hand under the table causing Luke to jolt slightly before releasing a deep breathe and begin eating. North had watched his brother carefully and although satisfied he was now eating he narrowed his eyes in Gabes direction.

Once everyone had finished eating Owen cleared his throat bringing everyones attention to him.

"Kota, I believe we can start the meeting now"

Kota stood and looked around the room, before beginning,
"Check in. All good at home moms happy with her new position at the hospital and although she is working more, she seems to be doing better. Jess is still progressing well at her new school and seems to have formed a good friend circle. The empty house at the end of the road has been bought as we know and we are awaiting more information from the background reports aswell as information Corey may have on the mystery girl, but nothing else is known at this time."

Once Kota had finished giving his check in he sat done for Victor to start,

"Parents came home, usual welcoming home, nothing new to report at home at this time"

Victor sat back down after his very breif check in and didn't miss the looks he was getting from Owen. He knew he was going to have to speak to someone soon about his feeling, and it seemed as though today may be that day. He couldn't keep it bottled up too much longer. The constant pressure in his chest just kept getting tighter the longer he kept it to himself. Sang didn't want him, he knew that, he was only good for his money, he thought bitterly to himself. It's the only thing that has every given him worth. That thought would whirl around in his head more and more often lately. Before he could spiral anymore into his destructive thoughts he felt and small vibration against his leg. Looking aroung the room to ensure there were no eyes on him, he let out a quiet relieved sigh to find that everyones focus was now on Nathan who was giving his check in. Victor pulled out his phone with a small smile on his face when he realised who had messaged him,

'You are amazing, your daily reminder from me, you do you boo :P'

Coughing to cover his laugh Victors dark thoughts all dissapeared. He's so weird, Victor thought, but that what pulled them together. Always there for him when he was scared or feeling lost, comforting him with love and laughter. Starting 2 years ago when he was terrified that his feeling for Corey had started to turn from friendship to something more, and though all his family drama, chosen and birth. He was always there for him. Slowly they had started to deepen there relationship. Neither of them had acted on their feeling, sure there was cuddling and kisses on the head but they both had to sort their heads out. Victor as much as he tried still couldn't shake his feelings for Corey so they had both agreed to wait before taking things further.

Victor shook his head and tried to tune back into the family meeting. Currently Silas was explaining that his father, Charlie, has been asking for more help and Silas has suggested possibly taking on an apprentice. Charlie has made comment that he would like to help out any of the younger members of the academy if he can provide work for a few of them. Although Charlie doesn't know any of the finer detail of the academy, he does know that he and his family has been helped by members and would like to provide whatever he can as a way to give back.