Chapter 6

Corey's POV

Arriving at the Jefferson's new house, Luke points out Kota and Nathan's homes. They live a little further down the road but still close enough incase of emergancies. The house is a dull grey colour, it has two storey's an attic and basement.

Entering through the front door, I direct Gabe and Marc to start setting up cameras in the basement and to work their way up. Victor heads into the living room to set up his computer to link all the cameras and ensure they are working correctly. I grab Luke and pull him toward the stairs knowing that the wardrobe was locked and had been placed in the master bedroom up there.

We discuss possible placements of cameras as we climb the stairs when suddenly Luke stops and turns to me, he looks as if he is having trouble deciding whether or not to sa whatever it is that is on his mind. I have a feeling I know whats wrong but I'll wait and let him come to me. I know how difficult I found it when I first confessed to someone that I was attracted to Raven and I have seen the way him and Gabe are with eachother so I have been expecting this conversation for a while now.

''Can we talk, like after we finish setting up here.''

I can hear how scared he is, how desparately he needs for someone to listen to what he has wieghing him down so much. I had never seen this side of Luke before and I have to be honest, I hate it. It doesn't suit him to be this burdened.

''Of course, whatever you need'' I reply, and I can see his shoulders relax a little, like he thought I wouldn't help.

He looks at me and a smile starts to spread across his face as he beams at me and I feel my breath hitch. Damn, he looks good. Like really fucking good. How had I never noticed before, we are both staring into each others eyes for a few minuets before we hear a crash downstairs, followed by Gabe swearing up a storm and Marc's muffled laughter. We break eye contact and turn away from each other. Clearing my throat I direct him to the master bedroom.

When we enter I see the wardobe and nudge Luke towards it. We had agreed that Luke would unlock it and leave. I have a feeling she is going to be scared enough as it is. I don't want to risk her freaking out if she feels out numbered.

I wait for Luke picking the lock. Mentally trying to prepare what I should say to the girl, how can I convince her she can trust me, trust us.

I hear the click of the lock before Luke turn to me with a nod. He heads out the door saying he will go help the others. I know he won't though, not straight away, he plans to explore and nosey around the house, it's what he does after all. He does the same anywhere he goes, including our apartments. We have a rule for him though, if we catch him he owes us a personal favour. We also leave little challenges and traps around for him, helps to keep him on his toes and helps us improve our security so it's a fun win-win situation.

Once I'm sure he is gone I open the wardrobe and even though I knew what to expect, I was still horrified. How could someone be twisted enough to do something like this.

Her electric blue eyes are opened wide and I can see the fear in them. She's terrified, bound and gagged.

''Please don't be scared, my name is Corey. I want to help you, I'm gonna untie you, okay? I swear I won't hurt you. I just wanna help, can I do that?''

She stares directly into my eyes, I don't move until she gives me permission. A few moments pass before she hesitently nods her head. I give her a small smile before slowly approaching her. I begin with removing her gag then move onto the collar and finally the straps holding her up. As soon as I have undone those she collapses into my arms, wrists still tied behind her back. She tries to push away from me but her legs don't seem to be responding. Not surprising really, she looks like she hasn't eaten a proper meal in weeks. She's clearly malnourished. I lift her to the bed, setting her down and freeing her wrists.