Chapter 10

Ivy's POV

I sit waiting for Ben in his office. After that giant sexy brute of a man basically screamed about how unwelcome I am here, I was visably shaking. Yes, I was scared, he was huge and could easily hurt me if he chose to, but I was also angry. Angry that he was speaking to Ben the way he was, angry that Ben was having to deal with that because of me. He was nice to me and now he was having to put up with that.

I felt guilt ebbing away at me. If I had stayed away this wouldn't be happening.

Just as I was beginning to feel overwhelmed, Ben opened the door and pulled me into a hug. I flinched slightly, expecting him to be angry with me for causing him issues, but as I stood there, wrapped in his arms I could feel all that tension leave my body. I could feel my eyes starting to feel with tears again. My body started to shake and I clutched onto his shirt as I sobbed.

He stroked my head almost fatherly, waiting for me to calm down. Repeatedly telling me everything was going to be okay and that he was here for me.

After 30 minutes of me soaking his shirt with my tears, I finally calmed down. I slightly pushed away from Ben and looked away from him. He took my hand and led me over to the couch he has in his office.

''Now, little birdie, don't you be listening to that idiot boy of mine. You are more than welcome here whenever you want.''

He stands up and walks towards a filing cabinet beside his large desk. He pulls out a few pieces of paper and goes to sit behind his desk. I look at him trying to figure out exactly what it is he is doing. He loads up his laptop and starts typing away. I sit quietly, watching him closely before he suddenly looks up and makes eye contact with me. He smiles widely at me and again I see that hint of mischief in his eyes. He clears his throat, looking back down at his papers and starts,

''Ah Miss Ivy, is it?''

Uncle's POV

I was furious with the way North behaved infront of Ivy. I couldn't believe he would act like that and the fact that he contiued when he could see the way his behaviour was affecting her was even more furstrating. I have brought him up to know better than that. If he doesn't apologise to her I will be assigning him hours with my team, boot camp style.

My heart was breaking when I walked into my office, I could see how North's words had affected her and immediately pulled her into a hug. I felt her tense before she relaxed into it and broke down. I knew at that moment I would do anything to protect this little birdie. I decide to cheer her up and give her a mock interview.

I can see the confusion in her face clear as day and have to school my features so I can stay looking as serious as I can. She tilts her head slightly to the right, trying to understand what I'm doing. After a few moments she nods, so I continue,

''I see here you have all the perfect qualities to work in either the kitchen or at checkout. You would make a perfect addition to the team, so do you have a preference?''

I see understanding cross her face, she knows what I'm doing now. I see her sit straighter, she pats herself down and brushes her hair back from her face with her fingers. She stands and walks over to my desk, sitting herself gracefully into the chair opposite me. I see her tap her thumb against the pad of each fingertip. She takes a deep breathe shaking her head.

''Okay, I just need you to fill out a few forms for me, just basic information, anything you're not sure on or don't know just leave blank''

I pass the forms over to her and watch as her eyes skim the form. I see her bite her bottom lip harder as she reads more and more. I pass her a pen over and watch as she hesitates.