Chapter 11

Tuesdays and Fridays are now my release days.

Harley sighed after the scolding of every inmate—patient. In the dungeon below the asylum. "Harleen." Joan sighed. "You have to take these people seriously, they're not someone you can just befriend, they will betray and dispose of anyone who doesn't fit their needs any longer. There are real sociopaths and psychopaths down there." The woman scolds.

"I understand that, but these people can only realise their sanity by simply proving to them that life can be beautiful. If I can treat Ivy I'm sure I could get through to the other patients with what they—."

"No. You're not listening Harleen? You can't just easily fix them in a few days as you did the patients upstairs. I've been here for several years and let me tell you? I don't know a single thing growing through their minds. I understand what's described in textbooks stating they think this way, but a woman who practically worships plants finding some way to control them as a metahuman. It's beyond me to comprehend the reasons they'd use something like that to kill people." She explained.

Though Harley did listen. To every word...the woman was scared...she didn't even realize how easily they placed her in the position they wanted. "Dr. Leland...I'd like to have both Jonathan Crane and Ivy's files now. Both study chemicals...I'd like to understand why exactly they use it." Harley stared the woman down intently.

"No Joker?" She raised her eyebrow.

"No Joker." Harley nods.

The woman squinted her eyes. "Did you just nod as if there's no way that's gonna happen or..."

"Take it as you want Dr. Leland." Harley smiled waiting patiently for the files.

"Fine. If I don't see any progress in 2 months you're going back upstairs." She sighed passing over the files.

Harley looked down at the names freezing in place at the sight. Pamela Lillian Isley...Selena lied to her? "Pamela...what really happened to you?" She mumbled.

"What was that?" Joan looked up.

"Sorry it's just...do you mind explaining exactly what happened to Pamela?" Harley placed the sheet of paper down.

"According to the police report Pamela Isley was the only one missing after the incident in the botanical institute? She was the woman the news picked up? The faceless botanist who suffered chemical burns that should have led her to her death, but somehow she lived. Even after murdering the camera crew and doctors who tried to save her life...I believe it was the chemicals that drove that poor woman insane. You can't fix what those chemicals destroyed. Her brain is forever wired the way it is? Those chemicals could have also been the cause of her green skin as well?" The woman sighed, "these are only theory's of course."

Harley nodded folding in her lips. "Dr. Leland? You wouldn't mind if I left for a call?" She darted out of the room once she got a head nod. Her objective was to call Selena and figure out why the woman told her the redhead was dead? The phone went straight to voicemail...Harley didn't want to ask or react without gaining a few answers first. She kept calling until the woman answered her phone...again there was no response. She decided to quickly call Bruce who picked up almost immediately. "Can I speak to Selena."

"Oh? She's not here. What do you need?" He let out nonchalantly.

"To hear her side of the story...and why it was she lied to me." The blonde sighed.

"I'm sorry Harley...but she hasn't been here for weeks?" He responds.

"Can you please search for her? I'm worried if she's missing. I don't want to lose contact with her?" She tried as he grunted in agreement.