Chapter 19

Apologies guys! My chapter came in a bit late. I'll be taking a bit of a break for a while. I swear to you all I will come back alright😌 For now enjoy this! I hope you're all safe and okay.

The blond stared blankly as tears consume the colour in her eyes. It wasn't simply the death of her professor that had gotten to her...the memories of the broken man before her. One hit after another...she had hidden it all in makeup claiming it as tough love. One stab after another calling in a just sick after getting stitches. She barley had friendships with other people...simply fearing people wouldn't understand their relationship? The sight of Gordon allowed hostility to boil in her gut. She saw the look of frustration in his eyes...as if he felt guilty for missing a shot at the man. The blonde remembered every word in that night...the mention of hiding her discoloured soulmate name. "Capers?" The man sighed. "Barbara as a detective there's no possible way I can't overlook your first statement." He sighed at the nonsense his daughter had made up.

"My bad..."

Harley sat up gaining her composure. "Listen. Gordon...I don't want anyone to know I'm alive. I don't want anyone to know I am here? You and I both know when it comes to me things have to be secret." She motioned in the position of her thigh.

"Uhh...what the hell does that mean?" Barbara cringed.

Harley smiled weakly, she looked up at the man and shrugged. "You wanna see something cool?" Harley chuckled... 'she had to remain sane' even if the thought of Peter made her want to rampage through the city to find him and bury him alive. Harley sat on the girl's bed lifting up the gown and jacket. She revealed the color and name. Though she wasn't expecting the reactions from the two as they stared at each other in fear and worry. "What's wrong?"

Before her father said something Barbara burst into words first. "Harley you were right. It's best if you don't have your memories...you need to stay away from Pamela Isley? I'm worried she may have used you..."

Harley jaw clenched...another person in use of her? Gordon looked at the blond enthralled. "You've lost your memories!!"

"Not all of them. I still remember the death of my professor..." she looked down.

"You've forgotten everything after that?" He stared amazed.

"Wait wait...don't change the subject? Please explain your thoughts on my soulmate?" Harley worried.

"Listen Harley, Barbara could be making false predictions. Your soulmate has been perfectly fine recently...I am worried that your absence could cause her to. Panic?" He smiled weakly.

Harley looked down at her thigh in confusion. Even the commissioner knew her soulmate? Why did they even look scared at the thought of the redhead. "Dad? If she doesn't want to remember anything we can't force her." Barbara argued.

Harley kept her head down. "Well? If there's anything I'd like to remember it would be my soulmate?" She traced her finger over the vines of the rose.

Gordon scratched his head. "Okay, but just keep in mind...A lot of people are worried about you and they'll be happy to see you."

/Earlier/

"Okay! That's enough?! You two need to figure things out alright? You're friend could be scared and alone right now and you two self absorbed assholes are trying to kill each other!" Grayson let out holding the two away from each other. Selena had claws from her costume she had just finished sharpening, while Pamela had thorns from a nearby rose bush aiming at the girl.

"You're right." Pamela sighed gradually pulling the thorns down.

"She was my friend to y'know?" The man looked down. "I don't want to put more of my focus on you two than her?"