Chapter 2

Five years had passed by Harley's new parents had put her in gymnastics. She had loved the sport. Everyday after school she went to gymnastics. The girls would talk about her but Harley never listened she always focused on the one thing that made her happy. This.
She was working on the beam she wanted to master her cross handstand without being scared of falling. She bent down pushing her legs up. She remembered what her coach said. "Make sure your stomach is parallel to the length of the beam. Make sure your legs are closed and point your toes!" He scolds.

She did exactly that, it was perfect. She launched herself off to the side, straightening her pose as she stands tall.

"Look she's proud of doing a handstand on a balance beam." A girl that had been tormenting Harley for four years. Jessica. She always thought she was better than Harley, but Harley never listened because of the amount of  #1 trophies she had at home for all of the competition they've had. Jessica did always come in second behind Harley. Jessica was trying to bring her down everyday thinking she could trick the gymnasts to falter.

Harley did her usual routine and ignored her, practicing a handstand onto the balance beam. She lifted herself up, ignoring everything Jessica said. She bent down pushing her legs up and holding her whole body with her arms. Until she felt hands on her back apply pressure to her side. Her hands were unable to hold her grasp on the beam and she fell over, her ankles landed on the metal part under the beam, she felt her ankles crack. "Have you guys ever noticed how alone she is?" Jessica smiled walking behind the shorter girl who tried holding in her tears from the increasing pain in her ankle.

"Ah. I think I twisted my ankle. Jessica!" Harley tried to stand.

"Oops. It's not my fault you can't keep your balance on the beam." She covers her mouth with her right hand, with an innocent look. All of the girls standing behind her giggled.

"Can you just help me up, so I can fix up my ankle?" Harley hissed at the pain.

"Why can't you do it yourself. You just irritated your ankle when you fell over." Jessica shrugged.

"No. You pushed me." Harley said irritated. She lifted herself from the ground holding onto the balance beam in front of her.

"Hey! Girls what did we say about playing on the beams!" The coach shouts.

"Harley wanted us to play with her on it. She pushed me off then tripped off." Jessica lied.

"No I—."

"Harley come to my office now!" The coach scolds.

"But I can't walk." She companies still holding onto the beam like her life depended on it.

"You just irritated your ankle. It's not the end of the world." The coach scolds walking over.

"Coach it hurts to much. Please I really can't walk on it." Harley lifts herself on the beam so she didn't apply to much pressure on her ankle.

"Ugh." The coach stomps over and lifts Harley on his back. He stomped to his office agitated and put Harley down.

"Why do you keep disobeying the rules?!" The coach slams into his seat.

"I didn't. Jessica lied. I was practicing and she and her friends walked over. She was talking about me, and I ignored her, so she pushed me." Harley let out.

"Harley. This incident has occurred more than once. You continue to say Jessica this and Jessica that. She has proven not doing those things. It's the same story!" He places his hands on his temple.

"Please. Just...I can prove she's been doing these things."

"Harley...I may have to disqualify you from the tournament tomorrow." The couch looks down. "Your the best candidate, but you always spread mischief." He sighed.