Chapter 2

Lena tried to calm herself as she pulled her hair out of a high ponytail. She had been to game night with everyone before, but this was the first time since she and Kara had gotten together. It was stirring her nerves up more than she wanted to admit.

She headed to Kara's a little early, trying to busy herself to calm her jitters. She just wanted to get to Kara's. The blonde had a way of making Lena feel like she could let her guard down.

She knocked on Kara's door and was quickly greeted by her smiling, giddy, puppy of a girlfriend.

"Hi! You're early!" Kara kissed her on the cheek as she walked into the apartment.

"Yeah. Sorry, I just felt a little nervous about tonight and couldn't really relax so I figured I'd just come here and not pace around my apartment - " Kara stopped the rambling by placing her hands on Lena's shoulders.

"Babe. Slow down. There's no need to be nervous, everyone loves you. We're gonna be good. Okay?" Kara's faith in her friends and their relationship calmed the butterflies in Lena's stomach.

Lena took a deep breath. "Thanks. I needed that."

Kara kissed her softly and wrapped Lena in a hug. There was a quick knock on the door as Alex walked in, followed by Maggie.

"Hey you two, there is company here now." Maggie said in a teasing voice.

"Relax, it's just a hug." Kara said through a smile as she gave Maggie a small hug followed by Alex.

"That's good. Lena, you're great but I don't think I could handle seeing you and my baby sister in a compromising position." Alex gave Lena a quick hug as she spoke.

"Hello?" The girls turned to see Winn and Mon-El walking into the apartment.

"Food?" Kara asked now that everyone was there, already moving to make herself a plate of pizza and pot stickers.

"Ooh, yes please." Mon-El was the first to respond making a plate with enough food to rival Kara's.

The others laughed and began to fix themselves food as well. Lena's worries started to ease as her friends laughed and began game night.

Their game nights had grown increasingly longer as more and more games were added. There had been debates back and forth for months about who had advantages in certain games. They eventually decided that everyone got to pick at least one game they would play.

It was pretty consistent: Lena with Monopoly, Maggie with Clue, Alex and Operation, Kara and Pictionary, Winn usually went with Trivial Pursuit, and Mon-El chose his game based on how the night was going. If the night needed a laugh after Lena crushed everyone in Monopoly, he would pick something like Cards Against Humanity. If Trivial Pursuit made everyone's brain hurt, he tended to go with something easy like Life or even Chutes and Ladders when everyone was particularly drained.

One by one, they worked their way through everyone's games and by the time they got to Mon-El's game, they had laughed more tonight than ever before.

Lena started to notice as the night went on, that it felt different than others. Firstly, The teams worked better. She and Winn used to be on a team when Kara and Mon-El were together. The others got pretty frustrated when the tech genius and the actual genius dominated every game. Also, it seemed as if everyone was more relaxed than normal.

They cleaned up Trivial Pursuit, everyone was lounging around. Winn was in the chair near Maggie, who was on the couch with Alex tucked in at her side. At the other end of the couch, Mon-El was sitting on the arm.

Kara and Lena were sitting in the arm chair, Lena on Kara's lap with Kara's arm protectively over her legs. She listened as Kara and Alex teased each other about music tastes and watched Winn ask Maggie about pool and how she had gotten so good at it. Lena smiled remembering the story Kara told her about the first time Maggie asked Winn if he played. She was lost in her thoughts when she caught Mon-El studying her. They held eye contact for a moment before Kara broke their focus.