Chapter 3

"Damn it!" Lena yelled as she stumbled. She took off her now broken heel and examined the shoe. "Great. This is just what I needed." She sighed as she took off her other shoe and discarded them by the door.

Luckily, she had just gotten home. She had had a long day and was very frustrated. Very, very frustrated.

Her only solace was Kara. They had been together for a few weeks and every moment was wonderful. The one downside was that Kara had barely touched her.

Lena understood her hesitation but if they got in one more heated make out session only to be stopped by a shaky "Wait" from the blonde, Lena was going to go insane. She was dying of hunger for Kara. She wanted to take that step tonight, as long as Kara was willing and wanted to take that step with her. She had finally finished her surprise, with a little help and a lot of awkwardness from Alex. Lena longed for Kara, and tonight she wanted to satisfy her need.

Lena heard the touch of footsteps on her balcony. She turned and saw Supergirl walking into her living room.

"Hi." Kara smiled sweetly and placed a soft kiss on Lena's cheek. Even the smallest touch had Lena's heart racing with expectations.

Lena swallowed hard. "Hello to you. How was your day?" She had to make sure Kara was okay before trying what she had planned for the night.

"It was fine. Write articles, get ridiculed by Snapper, stop some bad guys, ya know the usual." Kara grabbed a piece of left over pizza from the fridge and ate while she wandered into Lena's bedroom to change out of her suit.

Lena followed shortly after, just soon enough to see one of her favorite shirts slide over Kara's head. She loved that Kara wore her clothes to sleep. It made her feel special, as if her clothes being good enough to sleep in meant that she just might be good enough for the girl that was wearing them.

Apparently Lena's staring had not gone unnoticed. Kara gave smiled and sauntered teasingly over to Lena.

The hunger in Lena's eyes deepened intensely. Kara's breath hitched in her throat when she saw her girlfriend's expression change. But she couldn't blame Lena. Most days, it took all Kara had not to waste the hours away, wrapped up in Lena.

Kara was now inches from the brunette. It was like gravity, drawing them closer.

"This is one of my favorite shirts." Lena spoke softly as she placed her hands on either side of Kara's waist, her fingers lightly playing with the hem. She hesitated for a moment and took a slow breath, focusing on the soft fabric between her thumb and forefinger. Lena fisted her hands in the shirt suddenly and pulled Kara into a bruising kiss.

Kara lost herself in her girlfriend immediately. She let her hands drift down the ridges of Lena's back, finding their way to her ass. She squeezed hard, eliciting a low growl from Lena. Kara moved her hands slightly lower and lifted Lena, wrapping her legs around her waist. She pushed Lena against the wall and pressed into her hard.

Lena bucked her hips in response. She wanted Kara with every fiber of her being. But she knew that it couldn't - wouldn't - happen like this. She broke her kiss with Kara. The blonde quickly opened her eyes, seeking the emerald ones she needed. She pulled Lena off the wall and gently set her down.

Kara placed her hands on Lena's cheeks, "Did I hurt you?" The fear and sorrow that replaced the fervor from moments before nearly broke Lena's heart. She leaned forward and kissed her girlfriend. It was soft and loving, meant only to let Kara know she was safe.

"No darling." She reached out and tucked a piece of the blonde's hair behind her ear. "I just have a surprise for you."

Kara looked at her with confusion. She loved how patient Lena was being with her while she was trying, and failing, to control her powers. Kara cared too much for Lena to ever risk losing her grip on her powers. But she still wondered what the CEO had in mind, and was slightly afraid of what it could be.