Chapter 7

Lena lazily opened her eyes to the sunlight streaming into the room. She turned over to look at Kara, still spooning her just as she was when they fell asleep. As she moved, Lena still felt some weakness in her legs from the night before. She smirked at the thought. If only people knew what was hidden behind the sunny Danvers disposition.

Once she turned over, her eyes filled with love. Kara was on her side, her arm still over Lena protectively. Her blonde hair messy as it laid across her shoulder. The streams of sunlight rolled over her body, making it seem as if the Kryptonian was glowing. Lena smiled, watching Kara sleep. These small moments of peace meant everything to Lena. She swallowed, just now realizing how sore her throat was from the night before.

Kara's eyes fluttered open. She smiled sleepily as she saw Lena staring at her. "Good morning Princess." She tightened her arm around Lena, bring her closer.

"Morning." Lena's voice was hoarse, barely above a whisper.

Kara loosened her grip and looked into Lena's eyes. "Is your throat okay? Because it sounds like you smoke 5 packs a day." Concern filled her baby blue eyes, worried that she had hurt the brunette.

"I'm fine, Kara. I promise. Totally worth it." Lena got her voice to work slightly, now more than a whisper but still raspy.

Kara laughed at her girlfriend. "Okay babe. How about I go make you some tea with honey? Help soothe your 'totally fine' throat?" She leaned down and placed a gentle kiss to Lena's forehead.

Lena breathed deeply at the softness of Kara's kiss. She slowly made her way to the shower after Kara headed to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Lena was standing under the hot water when she heard the soft voice of Kara Danvers drift towards her.

"Lena? Alex called and they need me at the DEO earlier than normal today. I was going to head out to go get ready at my place. I just wanted to tell you I was leaving."

"Why waste the time? Darling, just come join me in here." Lena smiled knowing the blush the was sure to be making its way to Kara's cheeks.

"Are you sure?" Kara voice was small, almost nervous.

"Kara, sweetheart, it's fine. I don't bite." Lena paused at that last sentence. "Much at least."

Kara giggled at Lena's playfulness as she stripped down to join her girlfriend. Kara stepped into the shower and wrapped her arms around Lena's waist pulling her close. They stood like that for a second or two, letting the water run over them both. Lena turned in Kara's arms and placed a gentle kiss to her lips.

"Turn." She instructed Kara while she reached for the shampoo.

Kara did as she asked, feeling immediately relaxed as she felt Lena's fingers massaging into her scalp.

They took their time in the shower. Gently washing themselves and each other, stealing soft kisses as they pleased. When they eventually got out and dressed, Lena poured herself some tea into a travel mug because she was going to be late as it was. Kara quickly flew to get donuts and handing Lena a white pastry bag as the CEO grabbed her bag.

"Bye princess. Have a good day. I'll see you tonight. Can I swing by your office and give you a lift home?"

"Sounds great Kara. Tonight, it is. I love you." Lena replied and kissed Kara soundly, wanting to make sure Kara knew how much she meant to Lena.

Kara blushed as the kiss broke. "I love you too Lena." She winked as she took off towards the DEO from the balcony, causing Lena to smile as she walked out the door of the apartment, locking it behind her.