Good Girl

(^some bun buns to improve your day :D)

In the garishly lit, tin room you drift off after a while. It is not a calm, restful sleep, just darkness.

When you finally awaken you find yourself no longer on the airship, instead the floor beneath you is solid. You are relieved to find that it is grass, something you are at least familiar with. 

You glance around to find yourself in a small, dimly lit tent. From the looks of it, it is only the one small room. There is a cot beside you, made sparsely with one blanket, but aside from that, there is nothing else. 

The ceiling is high enough for you to stand, with a couple feet to spare in the center of the room. You hear a clink and realize that you wrists are chained in front of you. The chain connects to a stake in the ground near the head of the bed. It gives you enough leeway to wander the room, but not enough to leave. You sigh. 

What is this place?

You listen carefully, trying to make out any noise coming from outside the tent. You can see light seeping in under the cloth door, indicating it's daytime, so there are probably other people around. 

You hear a couple sets of heavy footsteps walk by, there is muffled chattering as the footsteps lead away. Then there is another set of footsteps, slightly louder this time coming in the opposite direction. The person pauses and you lower your ear toward the ground to try and detect any movement. 

"Morning Missus." Flotch grins. 

"Ack!" You nearly fall on your face as the tent flaps are suddenly drawn open. 

The strawberry haired man rolls his eyes and sets a stack of clothes on your bed. "I don't know why I always get stuck babysitting the Marleyan." He spits. In a swift movement he unlocks you chains and your wrists are free. "Hurry up and get changed." Flotch grumbles. "And don't you dare even think about running, we've got guards all around this place." 

You blush, realizing that you are still in fact in your wedding dress. It must look a lot worse than you'd thought after passing out, sleeping in it, and waking up in the dirt. You shift your gaze from the stack of clothes on the cot to the man in front of you, who rolls his eyes before turning his back. 

"Just hurry up goddamn it." Flotch snaps.

You change quickly, the feeling of soft cotton is welcomed against your skin after being held captive by the starchy, scratchy binds of your wedding dress.  

Flotch turns back to face you and you have no choice but to let the chains be refastened around your wrists. Without another word Flotch leaves you, before you even have the chance to ask where you are or what they want from you. 

It feels like forever until those flap doors open again. You briefly contemplate escape, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that it would be impossible. You try to pull out the stake holding your chains but it will not budge, not that it matters. You have no idea where you are, or where you could go even if you did manage to escape. Flotch said the area was surrounded with guards, all of which who know the lay of the land far better than you, and even if you did make it past them, you'd still have to make it past Eren.

You feel a chill run down your spine when the tent flaps part, revealing those icy green eyes. Eren enters the room silently. You watch him stalk across the room from where you are curled up on your cot, knees tucked tightly into your chest. 

He stops, standing across from you, eyeing you expressionlessly. There was a time when you would have found hope in those emerald eyes. A hope for the world. A hope for your people. A hope that this war could be evaded. And even just a little bit, a hope that those enchanting emerald eyes could be your future. 

But no more.

Eren was a killer. The man before you had the blood of thousands on his hands, and now, thousands more to come. Where you had once felt a sliver of hope, now you only felt hatred and disgust. Your finger burns where the ring makes contact with your skin, and it takes everything in you to not throw it across the room and chuck it at the titan's head. 

"Where are we?" You ask softly instead, trying to control your rage. Your fear does a good enough job keeping you in check though. 

Eren glances to the door, scanning for any bypassers before he continues lowly. "Paradise." You feel your throat go dry. "I'm sure you've realized by now that the alliance was all a façade to obtain the one thing that could possibly stand in my way." He smirks. 

"The General." You whisper hoarsely, beginning to feel sick. Eren nods, no remorse on his face.

You hate this man. You hate being in the same room as him. You can feel the evil radiating off of him, polluting the air, stuffing up the room. "What are you going to do with me then?" You ask, adrenaline pounding in your chest. If his whole plan was to get the General, then you were now nothing more than a bug on the windshield, waiting to be expelled. 

"I promised I'd free you, birdie, didn't I?" Eren mutters. You tense as he makes his way across the room to you, stopping just short of your cot. "No one will ever tell us who or what we have to be again, I promise you." Eren whispers, his eyes glimmering with something that used to give you butterflies, now those butterflies want to do nothing more than to run and hide. 

"You're insane." You hiss, retreating toward the far corner of your bed. 

Eren blinks at you, sadness crossing over his features, confusing you even more. He sits down on the edge of the cot, and you make sure to keep your distance. His emerald eyes stay trained on the floor in front of him. "Unideal circumstances have forced me to do the necessary, but believe me when I say that I am only doing what needs to be done to create a better world. A world where people like you and me can be free."

You watch as he gets up slowly, bending down to place a gentle kiss on your head. You remain froze. "And I will make sure you are by my side to see the day that happens." He mutters against your skin, his breath cold against you. 

"I'll be back tomorrow, be a good girl and stay put alright?" Eren hums, petting your hair gently with his long slender fingers. 

You feel your blood run cold, your body frozen. You force a small nod. 

"Good." Eren praises, and then, just like on the airship, he is gone.