Just Wondering

*Slight Warning*

 Y/n is kind of ostracized for being Marleyan (that is a relatively consistent theme throughout this book). If that makes you uncomfortable I'd recommend you click away now, because your mental health, safety, and comfort matters!

Otherwise, happy reading! :)

It feels like hours that you spend in that dark bunker. You tuck yourself into the far corner to avoid drawing attention to yourself, not like anyone would dare mess with you anyway though. Not after seeing Eren kiss you and hold you like you were his and no one else's. 

You kind of were though... in a sense. 

That didn't stop the soldiers around you from whispering though. Hushed voices that echoed through the large cement bunker and poured into your ears nonetheless. It reminded you of the time leading up to your wedding. The looks people would give you when they thought no one was looking, and the words they'd whisper when they thought no one could hear. 

But the difference today was that unlike then, these soldiers did not look at you out of pity. No, it was something far crueler than that. One particular conversation caught your attention. 

"Who's that?" A soldier with short silver hair whispers to the soldier next to them. The two are managing the lower observation deck right in front of you so it isn't hard for you to overhear. 

The second soldier, a man with curly black hair, sneaks a quick glance at you and you look away, pretending that you hadn't seen anything. You do not want confrontation, however you are curious as to what he'd say. The man turns back to his work, leaning in slightly to the first soldier to whisper. "The Marleyan they made Eren Jaeger marry." 

The first soldier's eyes widen and they nod. The sneak another peak back at you and you feel your skin burn beneath their gaze. Then they turn back, messing with their binoculars. "Shouldn't we just get rid of 'er by now?" They whisper softly and you bite your lip nervously, stilling pretending as though you and half the rest of the deck can't hear what they're saying.

"I wouldn't risk it." The second soldier mutters lowly, adjusting some equipment and scratching down some quick numbers. "Besides, rumor has it she's been 'repurposed'." He smirks.

The word hits you like a bucket of cold water but you try not to react. Instead you force back the bile that comes to your mouth at the words.  

The first soldier arches a silver eyebrow amusedly. "Yeah?" They chuckles, packing up their notes into a large bag. 

The second soldier shrugs, picking up the bag and the two make for the nearest exit as shifts change. You remain still, tucking your feet in closer to yourself as they pass. 

The two soldiers pay you no notice though. "Word along the grapevine is that the big boss has a new favorite source of entertainment, if ya know what I mean?" The second soldier whispers softly with a grin before the two disappear up the stairs. 

You feel your gut twist. 

After a couple more hours of listening to the occasional roar and feeling the ground beneath you shake, it is over. You look for Eren but instead it is Zeke who greets you at the exit of the bunker. 

"I hear you almost got crushed in the woods today!" The tall blonde monkey man chuckles, greeting you with a smile. You glance behind him, hoping to see Eren nearby by you are disappointed to only see more soldier. Apparently you are stuck with this bipolar man. "That must have been exciting huh?" Zeke grins, patting your shoulder.