Demon Hunters

Helooooo

I am lazyyy I knowwwww

I did taxxxxx

(also no the town doesn't have a beacon ignore that shush)

Enjoyyyyyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RECAP

          Growling something beneath his breath, the figure turned, leaping atop his horse with a swirl of his cloak. He turned his steed quickly, galloping back to the town his father lived near.

           When he arrived, there were still a few people up, illuminated with lanterns and torches, rolling some barrels into a shed of sorts. He leaped off his horse as it was just coming to a halt, saying to them breathlessly, "My father is dead, do you know anything of his killer? He was killed with lightning, it was not natural strike." His tone was dark.

          A man with a pipe in his mouth gave one last barrel a thumping kick, then rested a calloused hand on his hip. He screwed up his weathered face, lit up in warm lantern light, thinking as he took the pipe from his mouth, "Well...'m sorry for yer loss, lad... Hmmm...about a month 'r so ago...that demon from th' legends...what's 'is name...was seen fleein 'ere mighty quick. Didn' see 'im again, but we sent out a few o' the braver lads to try and track 'im. He was gone, vanished. Haven' seen 'im since. Could 'ave had somthin' to do with yer old man." The man brought his pipe to his mouth, drawing in a breath and blowing out a puff of smoke.

          The hooded figure growled, coming a little closer, holding the reins of his snorting horse tightly, "Tell me everything you know."

END RECAP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Demon Hunters

~~~~Far from the Mountains~~~~

          The noon sky was choked with dark clouds, as it had been for near three days. Rain patiently drizzled down, as though it had no intention of stopping for quite some time, soaking the land and the people beneath it with patience often found in the insistent weather. Wind, not quite strong enough to uproot trees, batted at branches, cast leaves down prematurely as it plucked at roof shingles and bit at any unfortunate travelers in its way, chilling them with its helper, the rain.

          A cloaked man traveled down a muddy road beneath the dark clouds, his eyes hard, gleaming with ill intent. The horse beneath him plodded along slowly, ears laid back, head low, steps heavy. The pair had obviously traveled long and hard, but the journey hadn't seemed to have left much of an impression on the man. His shoulders were hunched, back stiff, hands gripping the horse's reins tightly as he glared haughtily at the nearing gates of his next stop...Thrandyr City.

          Lightning flashed in the distance, and thunder rumbled soon after, causing the horse to toss its head nervously. The man only tugged the reins a bit, nudging his mount on with his heels. He'd make it to the city before nightfall...his only worry was that he would be too late to find those he knew could aid him in his mission...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          "That'll be thirty silvers for yer horse's board, and ten for yerself."