The Dangers of Cutting Ice

WHEW!! OK I'M BACK NOT DEAD

THE PIC ABOVE WAS DRAWN BY ME!! :D

VOTE COMMENT AND ENJOY!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RECAP

           Neither man looked outside, but if they had, they may have noticed the white-eyed stranger staring softly at the golden, glowing windows, a look of longing on his gaunt face. As the men settled for the night, and the sounds and glow lessened, the glowing-eyed man warped closer to one of the windows, peering softly down at the two friends, huddled in blankets, sleeping peacefully. A strange, sad look stole over him, and he teleported to the roof, sitting down on the snow and looking up at the blanket of stars above him. Perhaps he would watch these two a little longer, they seemed amusing.

          He sighed, slowly allowing himself to drift into sleep, head still tilted at the stars.

END RECAP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day...

          "Steve."

          Steve didn't respond.

          "Steve...get up."

          Comforting warmth met Steve as he slowly awoke. He was extremely comfortable and didn't want to move. Steve grimaced as something poked his face, blinking open tired, blue eyes, "Mmrrmm...what?"

          "Steve, you wanted this, man. C'mon, get up. Gotta cut ice today."

          The brunette grumbled something, then began to roll off the rumpled blankets he'd slept on, yawning fiercely.

          "What was that you said?"

         "I cursed you to the depths of the Nether, why?" Steve turned a sleepy, cheeky grin at Jake, who straightened from his bent position, his task of waking Steve completed.

          The blond rolled his eyes, heading over to check his pack of ice cutting gear and food supplies, "Great Notch...I'm only doing what you asked."

          "Exactly...so I want you to burn..."

          Jake snorted, "By Jeb, Steve. Hurry and get up already. We'll eat the cold stew, I need to get some extra logs of firewood and check the weather, I'll be back in a few." He chuckled as Steve's rumpled form rolled off the blankets and stood up, wobbling. Jake shook his head, Steve was so tall, his brown hair, which was sticking out in odd sections everywhere from sleeping, nearly brushed the ceiling, "Notch, you're even worse than me at waking up."

          "Go away...or I'm putting some snow down your jacket when we get outta here..."

          Jake laughed and shouldered his door open, shoving it closed. Steve watched him go with bleary eyes, mumbled something about breakfast, and walked over to the furnace, noting the pot of stew from the night before. The little cabin was warmed nicely from the crackling flames in the stone fireplace, and golden light, tinged with blue, streamed into the windows. The house smelled of pine sap and old clothes, waking Steve up a bit more. He stretched and yawned again, fingers brushing the rough logs that made up the ceiling. Jake often made fun of him for being so tall.

          The door slammed open and shut again. Without looking Steve muttered, "That was fast..." When he got no witty reply in return, he turned sleepy eyes on Jake, who was leaning against the door, his brown eyes wide. Steve frowned, "Wassa matter?"