Welcome Home

Every time I see someone doing school, I giggle like an idiot.

Gosh, I'm glad I'm done. Yes, I got work now but... aaaa no more school, I GET PAID TO WORK MY BRAIN

Aight, enjoy this chapter. It's so sappy and fluffy that I hope y'all will wriggle on the floor with the sheer amount.

Music good soop btw, would recommend

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RECAP

     Lightning, a curse, and then a scream—

     The sight of Steven kneeling before him made him jump, blank eyes flashing up.

     "Something wrong, bud?" The man's brow was knit with concern.

     A quick, tiny shake of his head and the human was shrugging, offering another handful of dried apples, chewing on some himself. Accepting the delicacies quietly, the being's gaze drifted outside again.

     Maybe... maybe if they never found out... he'd be treated the same. And then maybe he'd forget and be just as happy as those who cared for him.

END RECAP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome Home

     A flash of pure energy and power. A rough curse, and a shout of pain.

     There's a cut on his hand, warm blood tickling as it trickles down.

     It's not safe here... he can't control himself; he has to get out.

     Get out... GET OUT—

     The being woke with a harsh gasp, body seizing briefly. His heart was pounding, body covered in sweat.

     Why... why were these horrid images coming back to haunt him?

     He had to keep calm... or his power might lash out again and hurt.

     Taking a deep, shaky breath, the being released it slowly, trying to calm his racing heart. He stared up at the wood-plank ceiling, watching the moon paint silver shadows over the boards. It was silent, other than the soft breaths of the two men who'd taken him in and healed him, and the tiny murrs of the small end-creature, who was curled up on Jake's coat in a corner.

     They'd been taking such good care of him... treating him with such gentleness, it didn't make sense that those awful memories were appearing again.

     He was the most comfortable and... and happy than he'd ever been in his entire existence.

     And he desperately didn't want to lose it...

     With a small sigh, the being shifted a bit, trying to focus on the moonbeams again. He needed sleep, needed to heal so he could have the energy to use his power if needed... though it was nice to be cared for. He didn't have to worry about warmth or when he'd eat again or how to wash his wounds...

     It wasn't long until the being drifted off to sleep again, a tiny smile lighting his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~