Chapter 8-Training

*Narrator POV*

8.30 am. AllMight, Deku and Bakugo were in gym Gamma, their training was about to begin. Deku puts down his bag while tying his shoelaces slightly more tightly, as to avoid it coming lose during combat. Both of the boys were in their school's iconic gym wear as they both faced AllMight, who was holding a notebook of his own. It read 'Generations of successors, quirk notes for Young Midoriya' The greenette was slightly shocked by this,

"AllMight, how did you make this so fast?"

"Well, I knew some people who work at the quirk registration center, they were able to pull up information about people that fit your description. From there it wasn't really hard to tell which of them were previous successors... There are a few things that are missing or unclear, the second and third user's quirk are unknown, as they were around in the time were quirk registration wasn't a thing, but even still, if they both had quirks, that make in total six new quirks, and not seven. Are you sure Banjo said 7 more quirks?"

"It's kinda hard to remember, but the 7 quirks thing, I am pretty sure of. Maybe he was referring to One for All itself as well?"

"That is a possibility..."

"Can we just get on with training."

"Alright... calm down." The angry teen heads to one side of the gym, while Deku stayed at the end AllMight was at. They both get into fighting stances while Bakugo barks,

"Don't hold back, Deku, 'cuz I won't, even if this quirk is new to you."

"I wouldn't expect you to hold back Kachan," the green haired boy replies with a smile on his face. He readies his hand for black whip.

*Deku's POV*

Kachan comes flying towards me, using his quirk to accelerate him, as usual. I've anticipated this though; I use black whip on the roof and pull myself up to avoid the explosion that Kachan let off. Both AllMight and Kachan were a little shocked at how easily I was able to use the quirk. I guess training yesterday really paid off. While in midair, I rotate my body to spin like a pinwheel, while letting out multiple tentacles to try and prevent Kachan from getting close to me as I land. Training continued for quite a while until AllMight calls for a rest. We had been going for almost two hours, and as usual both Kachan and I were still ready to continue. AllMight compliments my ability to adapt to the new quirk while I confess,

"Well, I was here yesterday for an hour or two, practicing,"

"I'm not surprised at this point,"

"Alright, if we're done here then I'm leaving" Kachan announces, before grabbing his bag with two fingers and holding it over his shoulder. AllMight hands me the notebook as I go to leave too. when I go back to my room I start reading about the types of quirks of the previous users. It reads as:

(*Some of these aren't canon, as they are unknown as time of writing*)

1st- quirkless

2nd-unknown

3rd-unknown

4th-Danger Sense

5th-Black whip

6th-Force (*it's like the force from Star Wars but less powerful*)

7th-Float

8th-quirkless

Hmm. Danger sense, float and force. They sound pretty cool. I continue reading and notice AllMight has written little notes about there hero work too, which was super nice of him. I grabbed the notebook, and I took my current one, as I dash off back to the training grounds. I know AllMight told me to rest, and the previous users told me not to rush this, but I couldn't sit still after such amazing training and progress I've been making.

(*A few weeks have passed*)

*Ochaco's POV*

We were practicing the dance for the last time today, as otherwise we were going to be late for class. Mina counts us in as we begin. It's not a difficult dance to do, especially when you've done it over and over again, but it was still fun. Only difference with this practice was that Deku wasn't here. The school festival is almost a week away, and Eri had come to see the school, just incase she got overwhelmed on the day, as the school is a pretty big place. Deku had gone with her to provide her with more comfort, so for now its just the dance and music team practicing, and not the special effects. We finished the dance, all the way through this time, and we all head out of the gym before Hound Dog had the opportunity to yell at us again. Everyone is so excited, as am I and we've put in so much effort to get this perfect for the people, especially Jiro and Ashido.

Things between me and Deku have been great. The two of us have been practicing a lot the past few weeks so, we only had time for one other date. But we did spend a lot of time together in his room, just talking about random stuff. No one else knows that we've been dating for a few weeks now, apart from Momo and my parents, who want to meet him when they come to visit town. My life, since that night, has changed so much. In a kinda sick and twisted way, I'm glad what happened to me did happen. Because it brought me closer to him. Deku has been helping me with my schoolwork, and I've been doing better in tests and homework because of it. I've started picking up some of his cute habits, like his rambling. He's gotten so much stronger too. But one thing that we've never really talked about, that I've never seen him talk about to anyone, is about that mysterious black tentacle thing that took over his body. No one seems to even mention it. I'm not even sure if anyone else even remembers at this point and I still haven't asked him about it. I'm a little worried when I think about it. But every time I see him, I just forget about all my worries, which is a little problematic when I want to talk to him about this. He has been smiling less and less the past few days, and I'm not sure what's on his mind. I'm not sure if it's connected to my worries of him. We start heading into class, Deku is already there, and classes begin pretty soon after we walk in. The school looks so different a week away from the festival, the atmosphere was exhilarating. But something with Deku was... off.