Chapter 20-In need of help

My work study was over, for now at least. The school had delegated these few days leading up to Christmas day to seeing our families, and we would resume with the work studies after the new year, alongside school. But since my mom died, I didn't have a family to visit. So, I was stuck at the dorms alone for the next three days. How am I gonna pass the time? I slump my bags at the door of my room, as I put most of my clothes in the wash basket. I sit and relax in my bed, while browsing through my phone. I see that I have a text from Ochaco, and some of my other friends. I decide to call Ochaco, I haven't seen her in almost a week. She answers in a few seconds,

------

Ochaco: Hey Deku, how are you?

Deku: Hi, I'm doing alright, little bored already but y'know. How are things with you?

Ochaco: I got too my parents house last night, things are still a little awkward since the first time they met you... y'know.

Deku: Right. Sorry.

Ochaco: It's not your fault. My mom was asking how you were doing though.

Deku: That's nice, tell her I'm doing good. And that I said hi.

Ochaco: *while giggling* Okay, will do. How were things with Mirko?

Deku: Great, really good. Senpai was really nice and all.

Ochaco: Senpai huh?

She says this trying to tease me. It made me realize how close friends we had gotten in such a such a short amount of time.

Deku: Yeah, we became really good friends, I even told her about my past and One for All.

Ochaco: Well, I'm happy your comfortable with telling other people.

Deku: How bout you? How were things at the Ryukyu agency, and how was Tsu?

Ochaco: Things have been really great. We had a lot more stuff to do this time around, but not as much as you, I see. There was like a new article every day with headlines like, 'Mirko and her new sidekick, Deku, on crime fighting spree' something or other. Were you guys on patrol every day.

Deku: Yeah, pretty much. I have been practicing my danger sense quirk which is how we managed to run into so many criminals.

Ochaco: So, you're getting the hang of things with the new quirk? That's good, I'm really proud of you. You're making really good progress.

Deku: Thanks, Ochaco, I love you.

Ochaco: I love you too Deku. I'll speak to you later, okay? My mom said dinner's ready.

Deku: Okay. Talk to you soon.

-------

My heart went all warm when she said that. She was proud of me. For the first time in my life, I really felt like I was making people proud.

"Of course, we are proud of you."

"Nana?! What did I say about scaring me like that?"

"Yeah yeah, whatever." She says nonchalantly, while adjust back into a comfortable position on my bed. I put my phone down on the desk,

"What do you reckon I should do for these few days?"

"I don't know, undoubtedly you will still be training. But in between that you could learn some new skills. Like: Learn a new language, learn to code, or how to cook or how to dance or---"

"Where would I learn how to dance?"

"I could teach you y'know, you could make one of those Tiktok accounts and post them..."