Chapter 22-New skills

Having a few days break for Christmas has been refreshing, but it was nice to be back in school. First lesson was hero training, and we were all sent out to field alpha to showcase what we had learned so far in our work studies. Most of the students had teamed up, including class 1b, it was just Tokoyami, Iida and I who had studied alone. Although, speaking of Tokoyami, apparently when he had his work study with Hawks, he wasn't there. He mainly did work with some of his sidekicks. It made me really wonder what was happening between him, the League of Villains and the MLA. Anyway, those were thoughts for a different time. I need to catch up on updating my notes on everyone in the class. I take out my notebook from my compartment, as I do my pen and start with the notes. There were some really cool displays of power and team -up moves. Hagakure and Aoyama had a move in which Hagakure could bend the laser from his naval laser, allowing it to hit multiple robots who weren't stood in a line. Mina had some really cool move in which she covered herself in acid, so that anything that would make contact with her would instantly melt. Ochaco had some really cool upgrades to her costume too. She added some sort of grappling hook built into the knuckles of her costumes, she says she based it on my black whip quirk, which was pretty cool. Her helmet has been changed to more of a visor. I couldn't help but draw a comparison to the little things on her visor to the bunny ears on my mask, which I never wear. Everyone has grown so much, especially Todoroki and Kachan. I guess I can't expect less from the number one hero, Endeavor. I put away my notebook because Mr. Aizawa has finally called me to go onto the field. It was my turn, to showcase what I had learnt.

*Ochaco's POV*

I got a few compliments for my new suit in the changing rooms, I had forgot that most of the class haven't seen the upgrades I made, since I made them a few weeks ago. Mina was teasing me at how my visor looks so similar to Deku's mask. I guess it did, but that was a total accident. But it didn't stop Mina and Jiro from teasing me. It didn't help that my AllMight keychain that I got from Deku's Secret Santa fell out of my utility belt. Once we had made it to the viewing area, people were called up in their groups that they did their work studies to show off what they had learnt. I was kinda glad I would at least have Tsu-chan with me, because those robots seem to be a lot meaner and intent on death than the last time, we fought them.

Tsu-chan and I got back, we were exhausted, but I got to use all the skills I had picked up with Ryukyu in that training battle. We didn't have new super moves or anything like that, but a whole bunch of new techniques under our belt. Deku was still taking notes as he cutely mumbled to himself. He was snaped out of his trance when Mr. Aizawa called him up for his turn. I was really excited to see how much he has improved. I have still yet to see him use black whip after he mastered it, and I think he said he was okay with letting the class know about this ability. And his new danger sense quirk should help with these new terminators. He readies into a fighting position, and within a blink of an eye he had set off. I knew Deku was fast, but this speed was ridiculous. I couldn't even follow him with my eyes, and I don't think I was the only one struggling with it.

"He's moving so fast he's literally a blur," Kirishma shouts, "That's some mega improvements Midoriya!" Deku was using a flurry of kicks to attack the robots, it didn't even look like he was touching the ground, just constant attacks,

"I recognize those moves, that's Mirko's Luna Tijeras. It requires a lot of skill and flexibility. It really goes to show how much he's improved." Todoroki says. It's been weird, since he's come back from the work study, he's seemed... happier. Not that I'm complaining, it's nice seeing him feeling good, just still weird seeing him express his emotions. Bakugo as usual seems frustrated with Deku's growth. Deku uses his legs to swing the robots all into one area, before declaring a new super move 'Luna Smash' where he jumped and spun around constantly kicking the multiple robots he had gathered and lured into one area. They weren't just random kicks though. Each one of those kicks had enough power and were precise enough to destroy them completely. He ended with a whirlwind of axe kicks before landing on the ground with nothing but broken machinery behind him. When he landed on the ground, he landed with poise. He was as powerful as someone like AllMight, with all the grace and delicacy of a ballerina. In one word, mesmerizing. He had the whole class in awe of his power, even Bakugo's jaw had been dropped for a few seconds (before he noticed I was watching him), which made me smile even more. Deku came back after, and I ran up to him,